I cant play minecraft

Whenever I try to play Minecraft, it won't let me even though I paid for the game. On the 26th of December 2015. I paid for Minecraft Xbox One edition. When a new release of Minecraft was released anyone with a copy of Minecraft Xbox One Edition Was able to get this new release for free. however, i tried to play Minecraft with my friend Today, but it didn't allow me to play it and said I didn't own the game even though I paid for the Xbox One edition. In addition, when trying to play the Minecraft, Xbox One addition it doesn't allow me to play it as it says the same thing that I do not own game.
You will need to contact support directly for assistance with that.  https://support.xbox.com/contact-us
Happy Gaming!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Blackorchid!

Sorry to hear that you're unable to launch Minecraft.

Now you may have purchased the Xbox One edition of the game back in the day, however that new version you were talking about, called the Better Together Update, was only free for a limited time.

It's not so much as an update as it was a straight up new version of the game and would replace the "Minecraft: Xbox One Edition" with simply "Minecraft".

That being said, if you missed the promotional offer, you would have to purchase the new version of Minecraft online now.

Hope this information was helpful.

Thanks for reading !

(V) (°,,,,°) (V)

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

But my friend is able to play it and he did the same thing i did,regardless i still cannot play the xbox one edition

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you go to https://commerce.microsoft.com and check that both Minecraft games show up in your purchase history?

If they don't, can you check if you accidentally bought the Minecraft games with a different account?

Did my post help you? Please click on "Yes" below or choose it as the answer to your problem. Thanks! (ᵔᴥᵔ)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Blackorchid32

I would also check your purchase history to confirm your account did in fact buy it and maybe check to make sure your console is set as your home Xbox too 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 59 Applies to: