I cannot play online anymore.

Around a month ago or so I was playing Call Of Duty 4 and I had landed in a server hosted by "infected" or hackers i managed to kill 3 enemies each one landed me a -40,000 score I thought to myself: “no I’m fine I probably still have all my stuff, everyone else is still getting kills.” But I left in the next three seconds because of a hacker using god mode to get the upper hand. After I left my level was 1 with ~-1500000 XP. Microsoft tried to help but, sadly failed, Activision sat there and said sorry well work on it… but you still can’t play literally this is no fun sitting here doing nothing but run into someone who needs to cheat to win. No one like a cheater look at other sports sure some bad calls are made and they RARELY get away with it but in COD when my K/D ratio means something it isn’t cool.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

I'm sorry to have tell you this but if you've been de-ranked in a call of duty game, there is no way to get your rank reset.  This an issue with the game developer and publisher not Microsoft.  I know it's not fair, but you need to compain against the people who make the game, they are responsible for fixing these issues. 

Treyarch have done a great job with Black Ops, it's pretty much impossible to join a modded lobby in a public match.

I suppose it would be better if the Call of Duty games ran from dedicated servers, like EA's online games do.  If they did, modding would be pretty much impossible.  The only downside to this is once a game gets too old, they shut the servers down.  But at least you won't run into any modders.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.