I can't update or play Halo Combat Evolved

I have purchased Halo Combat Evolved from the Xbox Live marketplace some time ago. However within the last number of months I have been unable to proceed with the games latest title update and I have been unable to launch the game.

I have literally done every last thing stated on the forum regarding being unable to play Xbox Original games from the marketplace.

Every time I proceed with the title update, I am disconnected from Live and the dashboard comes up. The problem is, the dashboard remains white and no update is installed. I am forced to turn off my console. Not only this, but I cannot even launch the game when offline. I don't want to have paid 1200 microsoft points for a game that I cannot even play.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

You have likely done this already but if not it might be worth clearing your consoles cache to remove any failed updates,then attempting to re-download it again.
Console memory> highlight HDD> press Y> when prompted to perform maintenance select yes.

This will remove all title updates so you will need to re-download them the first time you play a game after clearing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've tried that, the problem is I can't download any title updates to begin with. I just get a blank dashboard similar to a console freeze and I have to turn off my console. I can play any other Xbox Original game and update it just fine, it's only with Halo CE that I have this problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you're getting an error code please check the list here for it:

support.xbox.com/.../system-update-help

If not I'd recommend calling Xbox Support and seeing if they can help you.

Sorry this didn't help.