I can't remove a game from my account

Hi there,

I come up with a problem I can't figure out. I launched Red Dead Redemption by mistake and I can't succeed to remove it. Yet, I didn't unlock any achievements. So, I don't know what to do... Do you guys have a solution to help me ?

Regards

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can remove it from the console. Either in the games section, or the achievements section.

Of course, you could always play the game, it has an excellent story.

It's what I don't stop to do but it doesn't work... Well, I'm not sure to finish the game at 100%, so...

[quote user="HeIIings"] Well, I'm not sure to finish the game at 100%, so...[/quote]

You won`t play the game because you don`t think you can get it 100% complete,and that will ruin your completion rate???

There comes a time when addiction has taken over.

[quote user="HeIIings"]Do you guys have a solution to help me ?[/quote]The only place on the console you can remove a zero achievement game is through the mini-dash.

Press the Guide button. Go to the Games & Apps tab. Here select Achievements at the top and locate the game you wish to remove. Once you have it highlighted, press X to Remove Game History.

You'll be asked to confirm you want to remove the game, select Yes and the game will be gone from your history.

What voteDC said. The only exception is when you've already unlocked avatar awards in the game. I've heard that the game will just keep coming back after you remove it.

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

[quote user="HeIIings"] Well, I'm not sure to finish the game at 100%, so...[/quote]

You won`t play the game because you don`t think you can get it 100% complete,and that will ruin your completion rate???

There comes a time when addiction has taken over.

[/quote]Some people strive for 100%. Red dead redemption isn't hard to complete, but it does take a considerable amount of time. If he doesn't find the game compelling enough for such a time investment, I can definitely relate.

[quote user="DigiLuigi"]I can definitely relate.[/quote]

So you will outright refuse to play a game if you know you can`t get 100% completion?

I don't back down from a challenge, I've completed some very hard games. But if there's unobtainable achievements (glitched), then I most likely won't play it. Generally the games I wanted to play didn't have any such achievements, so I don't feel like it has put many restrictions on my game choices.

But the way I usually play games, I start one, finish it, then start a new one. Since I don't have an infinite amount of time to play games, it's either play 1 Skyrim or play 5 moderately long games instead. So there's definitely some hesitation before starting a long game.

Currently, the OP wouldn't be able to even get 75% of the achievements for RDR, considering he's a Silver member.

See, this is why achievements should have been an optional account feature from the start.  I'm no stranger to the dark whisperings of OCD, and it can get mighty persuasive when you're confronted with the notion of a profile statistic that forever reminds you of your inability to complete something.  I imagine there are many games that would start getting a lot more play if accounts had an option to disable achievements for that game, or at the very least, make the achievements local only, with no marketplace rewards or profile indicators.  Because even if I don't want the achievements on my profile, it's still nice when the game acknowledges I did something, and it's always a bummer when that's the only time you'll ever get that achievement.

I did notice Red Dead is the ONLY game not at  100%----   GOOD LUCK!!!!