I Can't Purchase This Gamertag

I want to purchase the gamertag 'Scrubs'. I will be willing to buy it for 3X what the cost to change gamertag cost. 

I tried getting it but it seems it's not available. I searched for the gamertag and it seems as an inactive account has it. I thought all used gamertags from an account that was inactive would be usable again. I would really like this gamertag can someone help me? I was told through chat they don't recycle for 7 years but I really don't know if I have 7 years to live. I'm not going to go into why I don't have 7 years as that's a personal matter but I just want to get out life what I want, hence I'm willing to pay 4000MSP for a gamertag. 

I tried messaging the guy but he doesn't respond as he is inactive. Why should I have to pay for Live and not get the gmaertag I want because someone who doesn't even play none the less pay for Live owns it. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Um, its against the ToU to buy/sell/trade gamertags and accounts.

Same prospect applies for other services. You may not be able to get an email or screenname you want because its already taken. Just because you pay for a service doesn't mean you get priority service over people who only have free accounts.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The following services all use the same GT system: XBL, Games for Windows Live and Zune. So just because the tag you want isn't being used on XBL doesn't mean it isn't being used on one or more of the other services.

Sorry this didn't help.

The comment "Temhotabot" left stating people "like me" shouldn't be allowed to use Xbox live is totally rude and ignorant. Yes, I'm apart of different forum websites. It's all in fun, yes some idiots do mod, but not me. I'm apart of multiple different forum website, but so that I can meet other gamers who like playing the games I do.

People like you (ignorant, judgmental) should be allowed to live. Judgmental people harm others with their judgment which has lead some to commit suicide for being harassed and judged. I'm not going to kill myself because of your comment but still you should get my point.

I will probably be suspended or banned for saying this but I feel the urge to say the following;

Judging from your avatar, you're black, am I correct? Now how did blacks feel back in the day when people judged them and told them they didn't deserve to live or didn't deserve to be able to do something? Bad. That's how they felt.

So I hope you really aren't a rep from Microsoft as I'm sure Microsoft doesn't stand for or condone rudeness when a member was trying to get some help.

And just to clarify I wasn't asking to buy that account. I wanted to know if it can be recycled, so it can be used again as the current holder isn't active anymore. And I said that because I thought Microsoft recycled gmaertag from account that haven't been in use so others can get the gamertag they wanted.

Sorry this didn't help.