I can't play Gears of War 2

I feel that this is the best place to post this.. 

I cannot play Gears of War 2 because the game freezes when I enter the start menu. I'm at the dashboard, I click the option to play the game, it goes to the 'Epic Games' cutscene, then the 'Microsoft' cutscene, and then the screen stays black, and I can't access my dashboard. I've gone over this with another person from Microsoft, and they couldn't help me much at all. The disc is clean, others on the same XBox can play the game just fine, offline and online, and it's only my account, Ricky301, that can't play the game. I've deleted my GT from the console, cleared the system cache, and recovered my GT, but the problem persists. Is this an issue with my Gamertag, or profile? What can I do to solve this issue? Thank you for your help, to anyone who can help me play the game again.. 

Gamertag: Ricky301

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Here are some troubleshooting steps for you to try.  You have already done a fair few of them so just select no for the ones you have already tried.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've already tried using that before I posted on the forums, and it's asked me to send in the XBox for repairs. It's not the XBox that's the problem, it's my Gamertag. If you were to recover my GT on another XBox, and play Gears of War 2, the freezing situation will happen. It is not an issue with the XBox, it's with the Gamertag. I really want to restart playing Gears of War 2, and a friend has suggested to delete and restart my profile.. Would anyone suggest that? Or is there an alternate solution where I can keep my profile just the way it is..?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you actually recovered your profile to another console and tried playing this game? Alternatively, can you try playing this game with a different storage device (HDD or USB)? Just transfer/recover your profile to the new device, turn the console off, remove the old device, and then try again. Does this help?

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually, I've recovered my GT on four other consoles, and I still cannot play Gears of War 2. I've tried taking my GT between locations with my USB device, while it's saved to the USB, and while it's saved to the hard drive (Transferred the profile from the USB to the XBox Hard drive). My profile cannot play Gears of War 2, and I'm hoping to pick up my progress from before. I don't know what else to tell you, but my profile cannot play it..

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you taking your save file with your GT on the USB, or just the GT?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've actually done both. I originally had tried to recover my GT over the internet onto the XBox at first onto four different XBox's. Recently, I've been using the USB, and I've only used it on three of those four XBox's, one of which is my personal one. I can't play Gears of War 2 on any of them, and I can't get past the start screen at all, there's a black frozen screen before it. The disc is in perfectly playable condition, and different GTs that aren't the RIcky301 can play Gears of War 2, offline and online, in public multiplayer and campaign just fine. Is there anyway I can keep my GT name, achievement progress, and DLC history when I restart a new profile? Or is there no option like that, for me..?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just to clarify in case I missed it, have you tried loading up Gears 2 while offline or not logged in? Does this allow you to get to the main menu, or does it still freeze?

Sorry this didn't help.

check my post about how to fix the problem i got the steps from the forum page off of gears of war website

Sorry this didn't help.

I didn't manage to make it work, even with transporting the GT with the USB, but CursedDarkAngel led me to the Gears forums to find out how to work the problem. I couldn't find CursedDarkAngel's post that he was talking about, but I found another post made by CubMasta, who said how to fix the problem. The only thing that CubMasta couldn't mention was that he did the steps offline.

1. I disconnect the XBox from an internet access point, and I start Gears 2 without anyone signed in.

2. I went to the main menu, and opened up the Training Grounds Lesson 5: Submission.

3. While Submission is loading, I sign into my profile and it will take me into the lesson for a brief moment, but go back to the main menu.

4. I went to the dashboard, and connected the XBox online, and started up Gears 2 with the signed in profile Ricky301.

The game works just fine now, but my achievement progress has been reset, and the achievements that I almost got, are cleared up, and my online level has been reset to 1. My issue is now solved, and I'll mark CursedDarkAngel's response as answering my question. I'm also going to give many thanks to CubMasta for helping me.. Thank you all!

Sorry this didn't help.