I can't download Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (this item is not available from your current location""

Account region: USA
Physical region: Canada
Internet Service Provider (ISP): Bell
Content you are trying to download: Dead Rising 2: Off The Record

Before I begin, my brother didn't like to use Canadian netflix because there was not much selection, so he changed it to have american Netflix. If this is somehow the issue, how would I be able to fix everything so that I can download Dead Rising 2: OTR because it just keeps telling me that "this item is not available from your current location"

Thank you in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hello,

You will need to migrate your account region to Canada before you're able to purchase or download this specific title. Your account region is in the United States, and you're living in Canada you'd have issues with this and many other games that have regional differences.

You'd need to either make a separate account in Canada if you wish to have access to games on the Canadian marketplace without any issues, or change your account region back to Canad on the current account.

Information on changing your account region and restrictions upon doing so can be found here

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Now, will this fix my issue completely and have everything return to normal?

Thank you for responding by the way.

Also, how do I know if I'm still under the US? I went back to my IP setting on my xbox and returned everything to automatic settings where it just automatically takes all the information that it could find around me.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can see what region your account is set to by visiting this page here. It's listed under "Country/Region". As far as returning things back to normal, you'll see what you're meant to see on the Canadian dashboard and you should be able to purchase content normally again.

Sorry this didn't help.

The thing is, is that it already says that I'm in Canada. I haven't tried the migration yet because like, why should I do it if it already says I'm in Canada?

Sorry this didn't help.

Then you shouldn't be having that issue. Unless your DNS settings on your  router are different.. That would explain how your was able to access Netflix's United States version living in Canada. I'd do a hard reset (factory reset) on your cable modem and router and then try again. You shouldn't have that issue at all if that's the case.

Sorry this didn't help.

How can I do a reset? lol

lol Im kinda confused now, so I shouldn't do the migration? I should just reset, if so, how am I able to do that?

I was looking at this thing on xbox called initial set up, should I press that?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you're saying that when you look at your account region page at the link above and you're seeing that it says Canada then no, there's no region to do the migration. If you're looking at that page and you see it saying USA then you need to do the migration. I'm going off of the information you personally posted when you made this thread.

You put your account region as USA, I'm assuming you knew that it was USA somehow..?

The Xbox Initial setup doesn't have anything to do with DNS settings.

You can also try to make the purchase on Xbox.com if your account region is showing up as Canada (as you said you checked the link above to check your account region) by visiting this page here.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just unplugged my router/modem and it began to download. I dont really know what the solution to this is, but thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Only by havimg a us account and a vpn for us ip which will be what's stoping yoiu from accessing canadian marketplace

Only by having a us xbox account and a us netflix account which requires a us ip which only a us vpn can emulate

Turn off the vpn or if you are accessing your net thru a vpn server don't access it

Your brother is most likely using a vpn to tunnel your netflix

You will have to turn that off

Sorry this didn't help.