I can't download content

I’m seeing “unavailable in your region” messages
You know what? We have a whole sticky post dedicated to region-related issues. You should go check it out!

My download starts but won't finish (might say "Can't Download")
If you are having issues with downloading something after you have successfully purchased it, you might be experiencing internet speeds that are a little on the low side. You can go to http://speedtest.net and take the test to see what kind of speeds your network is getting. 

Keep in mind this is the speed coming into the house, not necessarily what is reaching the console. These speeds are being shared by every device you have connected to the network. You can try to help improve your LIVE speed by following these suggestions. If you are using a wireless internet connection, try plugging your console directly into the router or modem to improve your speeds. 

I think my speeds are fine, what else ya got?
Alright then, it might have just been a little hiccup during the download. You can try to delete the file and redownload it from scratch. Just follow these basic steps; they only take a couple minutes:

Delete the content
System Settings > Memory > [select storage device] > [select content type] > [select content] > Delete

For example, if you wanted to find the new Escalation Map Pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops that you saved to your hard drive, you would look under:

System Settings > Memory > HDD > Games > Call of Duty: Black Ops > Escalation Map Pack > Delete

If the content is not in the above location, try looking in the Games folder for “Unknown Game”. Delete this and continue with the steps.

Clear system cache
System Settings > Memory > Highlight HDD, Press (Y) > Clear System Cache > Yes

Restart the system

Redownload from purchase history
Account Management > Download History > [select content] > Download Again

I’m still not able to complete the download, what else can I do?
If you have a firewall or extra network hardware, such as a modem or router, you might want to try configuring your setup to communicate better with Xbox LIVE. This is referred to as “opening ports” or “port forwarding”.

You will need to open the following ports. To do this, please check the manual or website of the router you own for instructions. Information and links to router manufactures can be found on this support page.

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)

I’m still having issues downloading!
If you are still unable to properly download your content, please feel free to create a new post in this forum. Make sure to include as much of the following information as you possibly can. Thanks!

What is the content you are trying to download?
What error code or message are you receiving?
What region is your account?
What region do you physically live in?
Please post the link to the result image from your http://speedtest.net.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 63 Applies to:

VERIFIED!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.