I can't beat Dragon Priests!

I don't want to drop the diff yet. I'm just wondering if lvl 28 is too low for them. What do y'all think?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

What type of character do you have?  What are your best combat skills?  Do you have a high sneak rating & perks?  There are many, many ways to beat them.  Just depends on what your character is like.  Post your character and maybe we can help.

Where these Dragon Priests? Are the Dragon Priests the boss ghosts that carry those special masks? If so, level 28 isn't to low. That's right around where I was at when I beat one by the name of Rahgot. Considering were talking about the same thing anyway.

I don't know how you feel about this but you could crank the difficulty down a notch or two and see if that helps. It's a strange tactic but sometimes a necessary one. I was completing a quest and became surrounded by Wright Draugers and a whole lot of strong Necromancers that were conjuring Atronachs. Only time i ever had to drop the difficulty a notch but I needed to and it did help.

Please disregard my above post. I can't edit it now and I totally forgot you said you didn't want to drop the difficulty yet. I'm reading threads on here and also at the Bethesda Skyrim forums so I got confused. Sorry about that.

I may have to drop the diff. I'm a battlemage. 1 hand, heavy armor, mostly destruction and restoration.

When you do end up defeating the Dragon Priest, please tell me what you found on the body. I'm wondering if Dragon Priests are the same thing I'm thinking of.

I seen a video on this on some game site - and let me say up front I haven't tangled with any yet, so take this as you wish - You probably know Magic is their only weapon, so the vid advises if you've got Shock, shock the living crap out of them and belt them. Next advice was if you've got Ward Spells, use your Ward and close the gap and belt three shades of brown out of them. Final tip was drain magica poisons and belt them senseless.

Main advice was negate their magic however you can and whack them senseless.

EDIT - I just noticed you said you got Restoration, so maybe the Ward Spell route is the one for you.

I have been beating DP's since level 7. They are only hard if you make bad mistakes (learned this the hard way from Krosis). Use a follower, particularly a magic or ranged based guy. Then summon a flame atronach. The atronach lasts about 1 hit, but is a great distraction. Find a good spot to hide from blows or to trap the DP. When it is trapped, blast away at it. With Krosis I lead him to some trees, got hit confused between my follower and me, and just went destro on him untill he died.

Is 'lightning cloak' spell available to you? That does damage to the enemies magika. And use lightning spells and runes. That's what I did to kill morokei.

You're probably having difficulty beating the dragon priests because they are level 50!

Morokei was the first that kicked my tail. This one is on a mountain close to solitude. He comes out of a coffin when you get your shout. I was using flame since he used frost but I think the shock idea is good. I like your descriptions of hitting someone. 3 shades of brown? LOL that is FF! I am going to go back to the house and look at the armory for some good toys, then go back and kick his little frozen ***.