I can not download Halo Reach Update - Dashboard beta preview disc

I have a copy of Halo Reach on the disc that came with the dashboard update a few months back. I can not play any kind of multiplyer games. 90% percent of the time, when I boot halo reach it does not give me the option to update, the other 10% when I attempt to update it sends me to purchase an avatar item known as Cortana Chip. I have long since gotten rid of my retail copy of reach because I didn't need 2 versions of the same game. This seems to be a really shoddy way to show appreciation to those who helped you test out your products. Please let me know how to fix this issue

Thanks for your time

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Tried playing Halo Reach today with my free disc from the last Xbox Live Update beta , got a title update and then a pop up saying, "this game has been updated to an incompatible version" Anybody else?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I saw a post earlier today regarding this issue, so I'm going to cross-post my earlier post:

Fortunately, 343i knows about the issue, and is currently working on a title update for preview disc users.  Unfortunately, there is no exact time frame for its release.

One more difficult issue is that the very rare Halo: Reach “Preview Disc” (a tiny amount of these discs were given to certain community members and it has nothing to do with either Games on Demand versions or normal retail discs) cannot be updated with a conventional TU. 343 is hard at work trying to come up with a solution for that small, but understandably vocal group of people.

[/quote]

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm still having this issue and after going through both online and phone Xbox tech support and the promise of a download code since the disc still shows as incompatible version, still nothing as of today.  And since I gave away my original Reach disc to a friend it's just on to a different game.

I would definitely think twice about participating in any beta testing.  It's not as much the issue with the game as it is with me being directly lied to by Xbox support.

Sorry this didn't help.