Hypocritical....sigh...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yeah, it definitely happens on consoles, but when I think of piracy, I think of PC gaming, but that is mainly because that is all I hear about so it is embedded in my head. I remember the PS1 and original Xbox were heavily modded or chipped or whatever you want to call it. Same with the Wii and the DS.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Slightly hypocritical. Piracy on PC is stupid easy compared to consoles. That is not to say the consoles don't see their share or pirating and hacks. GTAIV and Red Dead on the consoles have seen their share online hacking which requires a modified console which means it's probably setup to play pirated copies of the games as well. One big difference is that playing a pirated copy of a game on a PC doesn't mean you run the chance of your PC being locked out from the internet and all your legally purchased content and subscriptions voided.

Piracy on the 360 is stupidly easy. Once the initial mod is done, which is itself exceptionally easy though at a cost, all you do is download, burn and play. Hell they even now have disc drive emulators which require no modding of the console.

-

The reason piracy is more rife on the PC is that more people have a PC. Also what must be taken into account is that the publishers seem to count the downloading of the 'cracks' as a pirated game, when it clearly isn't. I have the cracks for every PC game I own because I don't want to be held hostage to the companies DRM in order to play the games I've paid for.

-

Also running pirated material on the PC doesn't risk you getting banned for the internet, that's true, but neither does pirating on the 360. Plus you can easily find yourself banned from services such as Steam and Origin for modding games, just as you can on the 360.

Right out of the box, any PC can be set up to run pirated games. Right out of the box, consoles can not. Most of the people stealing games are on PC. You can't even call yourself a PC gamer if you've never pirated a game. That was a joke, by the way.

This is not really a topic I know much about...

... but is it the case that someone made a petition to prevent GTAV getting a PC release, only for it to result in a whole lot of console modders doing it on 360 instead?

Forgive my ridiculously poorly-rested self.

If that's the case, I think it's both amusing, as that should have been an easily-identifiable consequence of not having a PC release, but is a bit of a pity it backfired. While I again don't really have thoughts on the issue, preventing piracy is a reasonably commendable goal though it could have been better justified than 'because all PC gamers steal games'.

That fact that it's GTAV is interesting as well... they're not a small studio that needs the money but that's not by any means reason to steal their product.

Anyone who thought GTA wasn't going to be leaked, was naive as hell.

So, PC users who are notorious for pirating and modding everything are pointing their curled up little fingers at console modders in what has got to be the most ironic moment in the history of forever.

-

Huh.

looks like a joke petition gained some steam from fanboys and idiots. "Trevor Phillips" is one of the protagonists in gta 5.

The amount of piracy done on PCs compared to consoles is staggering. Piracy on consoles is almost a non-issue. Not hypocritical at all. I'd be pissed off more if Rockstar wastes time on a PC version but ends up skipping a Next gen port.

This subject always annoys me. People act like PC gamers and console gamers are two distinct groups. They're not. The amount of people who have only a PC or a console is small. Most people have a console and a PC. If you wanna bash some PC players for pirating go for it but don't lump us all together or act like you're on some moral high ground because you irrationally hate the entire PC gaming platform.