Hunter Killer vs Flack Jacket?

Shouldn't you survive from a hit from the hunter killer when using the flack jacket? Every time I've used one against someone using flack jack and it hits them I just see the icon that they were using flack jacket and they don't die. My question is why do I die every time I get hit by one with full health? Is there some other combo you need to use along with it? I think it's the same with the rc-xd. I've seen people walk away from it all the time yet I usually end up dead every time even when using flack jacket.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's irritating to me too. Pretty ridiculous.

Maybe it depends how far inside the blast radius you are?Maybe if it does'nt hit you fully the Flak protects you?Just guessing.

I think I've survived once and that's only because the angle was off for the HK so it hit the doorway. Had I not had FJ on it woulda been a kill

Its like a shiled arun the player :D

I dont ever recall seeing a flak jacket sign when I've used an hk.

I'd say it kills something 95% of the time when I use one.  Is it possible you got a kill and damage on another enemy?

[quote user="a tired old guy"]

I dont ever recall seeing a flak jacket sign when I've used an hk.

I'd say it kills something 95% of the time when I use one.  Is it possible you got a kill and damage on another enemy?

[/quote] It happens all the time. It's not something  I just noticed. I'm just curious as to why many people surivive them and I never do when wearing flack jacket. I get zero points as in nobody died at times when they have flack jacket on.

I survive HKs all the time.................by moving. They are easy to outrun, per se', especially if you are moving. They dont seem to be very accurate. When you hear the "beep" or whatever noise it makes while targeting you, get a move on (a sprint) and you can avoid them.

Flak Jacket, even with the protection it gives you, DOES NOT protect you against killstreaks.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B2SuZ_JZ98]

I've noticed the same, always use FJ yet HK's always kill me. Also, even with full health, it seems to be hit and miss whether I survive a grenade blast. I can survive standing right next to a car as it explodes yet 9/10 a grenade at my feet will kill me.

Flak Jacket will help you survive explosions, especially when NOT directly impacted by a HK Drone. FJ helps greatly against the "splash" damage.