huge of topic about headsets nothing to do with BF3 !!

as i spend most of my time here i thought id copy and paste my question from another section here , just incase anyone here can help cheers

>

After trolling through hundreds of moronic "reviews" on youtube i thought id ask on here.

>

I currently have the earforce X11 headset coupled with the earforce DSS 7.1 dolby processor , although i am very pleased with it for the most part im thinking the X11's lack a little on the bass side (playing BC2 on wartapes the explosions really tax the X11's and they start to lose response) so ive been looking at the X12's , again to pair up with my DSS processor.

>

My main concern is is it worth it? are the X12's better? Looking at frequency response they do go a little lower but theres no mention of bass response on either headset on the turtle beach site.

>

Im also up for other headset suggestions around the same price (£50) but they also need to have an intergrated mic thats compatible with the xbox and has a mic mute and voice volume switch

>

thanks for reading

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I recently bought the DX11's for $110.00.....basically they're the same as the X41's just not wireless, and since I have a wire from the headset dongle to the controller in either case(that's the wire that bothers me) I decided to go for the DX11....less expensive and lighter because no batteries, pretty good.......up till now, I've always gone with my Tritton AX720......excellent headset for the price....and they seem tougher than the Turtle Beach....I was gonna upgrade to the Tritton AX Pro set, but they are $170.00 ......I will eventually get the Pro's ...even though I like this TB headset, I can tell I'm gonna have to replace 'em fairly regularly (thank god for Best Buy's in-store replacement plan).....my Tritton AX720 is now connected to my PS3 so I don't have to swap connections all the time ....like I said, I do like these TB's, but the Trittons are just as good IMO and are a little hardier

sorry i should mention its the DX11's i have already , the X11 headset coupled with the earforce DSS.

>

How do you find the bass with wartapes set in BC2? Does it sound bad? Kind of too "rumbly" like when you put too much bass through your car speakers and they start to distort?

Tritton AX-Pro's have some of the best bass and surround sound out there. Every game sounds flat out amazing.

-

They are kind of pricey though, and not wireless (Not a huge deal, but still being wireless is always better for convenience)

-

I've heard that MadCatz (Who own Tritton now) and Microsoft teamed up to make a special set of wireless headsets specifically for the Xbox 360. I'd wait until the holidays to see if they come out around then.

-

And I know when people see MadCatz they think junk knock off, but they've become a MUCH better company than in the past.

[quote user="II PARALLAX II"]

I recently bought the DX11's for $110.00.....basically they're the same as the X41's just not wireless, and since I have a wire from the headset dongle to the controller in either case(that's the wire that bothers me) I decided to go for the DX11....less expensive and lighter because no batteries, pretty good.......up till now, I've always gone with my Tritton AX720......excellent headset for the price....and they seem tougher than the Turtle Beach....I was gonna upgrade to the Tritton AX Pro set, but they are $170.00 ......I will eventually get the Pro's ...even though I like this TB headset, I can tell I'm gonna have to replace 'em fairly regularly (thank god for Best Buy's in-store replacement plan).....my Tritton AX720 is now connected to my PS3 so I don't have to swap connections all the time ....like I said, I do like these TB's, but the Trittons are just as good IMO and are a little hardier

[/quote]

I had the AX Pro set for a while. They were pretty good but the control box, that controls all the levels , got really hot and stopped working. I had the older version that had a power supply for the headset and amp but I'm sure the newer model is probably much better.

Right now I'm using the AX720 set also, and have been pleased with them. The only thing I don't like is if it's really quiet you can hear some digital garble every now and then. My next set will most likely be the TB Earforce PX5 but it's quite expensive, around $250.

I have yet to have a set of headphones that sound good using wartapes. The bass is distorted and sounds retarded so I stick with the headphones audio.

Check out these SHARKOON X-Tatic 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound Headset, I have owned nearly every popular headset from all brands and have found nothing better then these!! I promise you, and they aren't a bad price at around $160 depending on where you get them.

They are true surround, not simulated(which means there are multiple speakers in each ear) and the bass is amazing, along with the highs and mids.

They are just great.

Trittons are overpriced and break easily

Turtle Beaches are over rated and the not dependable

These Sharkoons are the hidden treasures that no one knows about, and are solid, comfortable and amazing.

[quote user="MattKohl101"]

Tritton AX-Pro's have some of the best bass and surround sound out there. Every game sounds flat out amazing.

-

They are kind of pricey though, and not wireless (Not a huge deal, but still being wireless is always better for convenience)

-

I've heard that MadCatz (Who own Tritton now) and Microsoft teamed up to make a special set of wireless headsets specifically for the Xbox 360. I'd wait until the holidays to see if they come out around then.

-

And I know when people see MadCatz they think junk knock off, but they've become a MUCH better company than in the past.

[/quote]

You think so? I've had the Turtle Beach X41's for about a year and a half now. I bought them at Best Buy and purchased the warranty through them as well. Subsequent to my purchase the wire for the mic that connects the controller to the headphones went bad. I took it back to Best Buy to swap things out and decided to give the Tritton AX Pro's a try. They have multiple speakers instead of just 2 like the X41's, looked better, felt better built and consequently I had high expectations for them. I was surprised at what I heard. In my opinion the X41's sounded far better. The Trittons had a very hollow, "tin" sound and, what's more, the bass response wasn't as good as the X41's. I think the sound reproduction through the Trittons was less distorted and slightly more clean but all in all, I like the X41's better. In fact, I took the Trittons back and got another set of X41's instead.

I've had my Tritton AX720 for over 2 years now...and it still works fine......but you are right about that weird faint 'electronic garble' in the background.....ya get used to it  though.....atleast connected to the PS3...I don 't have the irritating wire from the control dongle to the controller

[quote user="DTW Dirty Harry"]

-

-

-

[/quote]

You think so? I've had the Turtle Beach X41's for about a year and a half now. I bought them at Best Buy and purchased the warranty through them as well. Subsequent to my purchase the wire for the mic that connects the controller to the headphones went bad. I took it back to Best Buy to swap things out and decided to give the Tritton AX Pro's a try. They have multiple speakers instead of just 2 like the X41's, looked better, felt better built and consequently I had high expectations for them. I was surprised at what I heard. In my opinion the X41's sounded far better. The Trittons had a very hollow, "tin" sound and, what's more, the bass response wasn't as good as the X41's. I think the sound reproduction through the Trittons was less distorted and slightly more clean but all in all, I like the X41's better. In fact, I took the Trittons back and got another set of X41's instead.

[/quote]I thought you tried out the AX720...didn't know you tried out the AX Pro set......the 720 is about $130...and the pro is about $170....believe me, I'd have purchased the Pro when I bought the 720, but they only released the Pro like last winter

Has anyone tried the skullcandy ones? I would think they would be pretty good, plus they have a lifetime warranty on all their stuff.

[quote user="DTW Dirty Harry"]

-

-

-

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh definitely. Maybe you got a bad pair, but the AX Pro's have much more consistent and smooth sound than most headsets out there. There's a video on Youtube somewhere that compares the actual sound frequencies and what each headset will do... It's between a Astro, Tritton AX Pro, AX 720 and some Turtle Beach one. The AX Pro hits the lowest lows, has the least distortion and is overall much better in sound quality.

-

The main issue people have is they don't properly configure the Tritton AX Pro's. If 5537 means nothing to you, then you didn't set them up to sound the best.

-

The Astro's did have the best high pitched sounds though. But they're for competitive gaming and not for an overall great sound experience so.

-

All in all, I'd definitely just wait for some new ones to come out.