HUGE Marketplace problem after account migration

Hi,

I have my "Alibuggy" gamertag xbox live account. Last week i purchase 2100 MS point. After having problem entering redeem code I got support which told me to check my gamertag region. It was US region and code for points I presume was for UK and EU region..It states invalid code
So I start with migration of my Alibuggy account to one nearest EU region Czechoslovakia. (I live in Slovenia). This is first problem because I have language in Czech...which I don't understand...is it possible to turn language to English and how?

All migration has been done ok  (from US to CZ) and I was able to redeem MS points. But there is second problem..more IMPORTANT !!!

I play (only) Dirt3 and I want to download Monte Carlo track pack from marketplace but if I go on LIVE marketplace in-game it states about:

"Can't retrieve information from LIVE. Please try again later Status code 800700e8"

This is doing more than 24 hours...since migration of account.

If I go into MArketplace on GFWL it states with red letters:

"There was an error retrieving your purchase history. Please sign out and try again later"

Same story as above...
So bottom line is...I bought 2100 MS points which I CAN NOT USE on DIRT3 or anywhere with this account...I can't get any add-on content to my computer because of errors listed above. I spend 800 points on web page xbox live but that doesn't change a thing in my game...no add-on available

Please I am frustrated and I am going crazy about this, because service doesn't work as it should after migration.

What to do? Please solve my problem quick.

Thank you for your help and solution.

Regards,
Alibuggy

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey there Buggy! So you've successfully completed a region transfer. Afterwards, some of your previously purchased content may not work, as it isn't set up for your new region. Also, if you physically connect from an unsupported region, there isn't going to be a lot we can do for you, as the simple fact that you are connecting from there could cause a lot of these issues. Sorry for the confusion.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

hello Mr Gwyther,

Thank you for quick respond on this forum (I'm  waiting answer of my official support ticket  for 3 days now ).

Pardon me if I don't understand correctly what you wrote. You want to tell me, if I don't physically connect my computer in Czechoslovakia (this is one of the supported EU region I migrate my account from US) I would not be able to download my add-on which I bought  with MS point and for that reason I would not be able to play add-on which I paid for?

This is absurd! I played and registered DIRT3 in US region gamertag, my all friend has their gamertag registered in UK and they all can download add-on ...but they all live in SLOVENIA (same as me) which is not one of the country you support.

So now when I migrate my US account to Czechoslovakia I must physically move to be able reclaim my points/downloads?

I hope I didn't understand you correctly and I hope this is just a bad dream :(

Please provide me one of the solution you are able to do....that I will get what I paid for.

Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

I am waiting for correct answer...or is this fair from you take 20€  (2100MSP ) from me for exchange for nothing?

Please do your internal migration on UK or even create new account and lock my points and DIRT3 key on it.

Anyway...need answer/solution soon...this is now getting seriously. I am not that rich to give my money to MS for free.

Still nothing from official support...that's gorgeous :(

Sorry this didn't help.

Today I tried with Czech/US  VPN tunneling (different IP) and also with CZ proxy settings....and  problem is still present :(

I think this is something wrong with my account. Please check!

BTW: what about solution to create new empty UK account and then Change Windows Live ID associated from my migrated gamertag ?

Something like this?

xbox360help.blogspot.com/.../change-xbox-windows-live-id.html

Please I must have that sorted tomorrow (Friday) it is important day for me! HELP!!!!

Regards,

Ali

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey again! What I'm trying to say here is that you seem to be experiencing two different issues. One, when migrating your account region, some of the content you have purchased may no longer be available in your new region. Two, because your physical location and account region do not match, you may continue having issues with the marketplace or purchasing. 

Basically what it comes down to is you should have an account that matches the physical region you live in. We don't support all regions, so you may not be able to accomplish this. However, until this criteria is met, we cannot ensure that you won't have issues with the marketplace. I'm sorry for the frustration.  

Sorry this didn't help.

1st all prepaid codes are region locked to the region they were purchased in

if you purchased a UK code you must redeem it in a UK account not a CZ

what you should've done was create a new account to redeem the code

2nd VPNs tend to cause issues

even using one on region locked content to bypass tends to fail at 99%

the best solution is to create the correct account for your correct region

and to only purchase content from your own region

if you do not live in a xbox live region you will continue to have issues with region locked content

3rd you were given multiple warnings about how content and downloads would not be accessible after migration

this is clearly stated before using the region migration tool

Sorry this didn't help.

this is stated that the download history would not be accessable from the other region

also that its best to download the content before doing the migration

please read the warnings before you use anything

the region migration tool says this can only be done once a year and not reversable

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Let me get that straight! Please answer.

1) If I live in US and then move to CZ (EU) is it legal to do account migration?

2) When I do that and have migrated account now in EU, can I use EU redeem code for MS points?

3) Why can  then I activate my 20€ redeem code, buy add-ons (Monte Carlo Track pack) BUT not able to download content , even free car pack!?

4) DIRT3 is not supported on Czechoslovakia region?  

5) How you check my physical location ...I tried even with CZ (EU) IP (VPN)?

6) I did legal migration to EU region , you were able to activate my redeem code and my points are now on my migrated account and you are saying they are useless?

7) Why all my friends living in Slovenia (EU) can use marketplace and add-ons with gamertag created in UK?

Still waiting you give my solution how to fix my problem...or this is fine for you taking money and do nothing.

I am sure you can pinpoint me for correct action to fix this mess

Tell me what are my best options here to get my dirt3 key and points back to operational.

thank you

Sorry this didn't help.

1. Yes.
  2. "Europe" is not an Xbox LIVE region. If you live in the UK, for instance, you need codes from the UK. Codes from Italy may not work.
  3. Point codes and downloaded content are not the same thing. For points, buy the codes to match the region of your account. For DLC, some content is just simply not available in some regions, and cannot be downloaded there.
  4. If you cannot find Dirt on the marketplace, then it is most likely not available in that region, no.
  5. Your physical location is simply where you are, specifically what country you are in.
  6. Again, "Europe" is not a LIVE region. You said you migrated your account to Czech, but live in Slovenia. These do not match, and will most likely cause issues when using the marketplace or downloading content.
  7. If they can, then they are somehow getting around the Terms of Use. If they are found doing this, they will be suspended from Xbox LIVE temporarily or permanently. 

Here's the bottom line: there isn't an "issue" here. Our region locked content and certain content not being available to all regions is by design. For best use, you must create an account of the same region that you physically live in. If you cannot do this, then LIVE is not officially supported in your region, and you may continue having issues or even face enforcement action. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Mister Gwyther,

I'm very pleased with your answer. Finally I understand your logic which is comparable with your xbox live service!

I hope you will enjoy my 20€ which I can not ...next time you can check also if I put my redeem code from Slovenian IP and do some restriction or warning that I would not be able to use them on your market place.

I hope I didn't  cause you to much excitement ...and I hope You will enjoy Haloween.

Next game I will buy ...will sertenly not be one related to xbox live service.

Regards,

Ali

Sorry this didn't help.