Hows the Damage of different firearms?

I really want to get the game I played the beta and enjoyed it but I heard they "adjusted" the damage of the guns I want to know what I can expect from all the different guns.  I like to do some long range shooting and wondering how many shots its going to take to down a person using a .308 or .50 bmg if I nail them in the chest or head.  The same question goes for the other guns as well, is it going to take 20 rounds of 9mm to down a person 10 feet away?  Thanks in advance guys also This is the first Battle field game I have played.

Happy fragging

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Pretty much the same as the Beta but the "against" a running foe is less (fixed).

In the Beta, the damage was almost 2x that of what it was supposed to be against an Opponent that was running. From what was understood, it was doing twice the damage from either seeing the bullet line as two separate bullets (entry and exit) or the Vector in which it crossed the target was 2 bullets.

thanks for clearing that up for me.

The damage is really quite balanced, Its mainly down to recoil, range and player accuracy, Its not so much finding a weapon with more power. Its a case of finding the right weapon and attachments on each class which works best for the players play style.

As for as sniper rifles go, I don't really know about the ones you asked about, with the ones I've tried out, It's a two hit kill on the body if your target as 100% health and one hit kill head shot.

In the beta there was a bug which caused moving targets to take more damage then usual, now this as been fixed, it seems the weapon damage as been lowered, but I sure that DICE have not changed the weapon damage model at all.

From what I heard the "beta" was 18 months old so things changed a lot, as for the damage it feels good. I like that the classes have more options to them now so you can snipe with assault and use the scout class like an assault but with recon gadgets.

ya no kidding... I got taken down with a pistol from 300 yards before I could hit him with a sniper... something wrong there...

[quote user="Eldrich Dragon"]

ya no kidding... I got taken down with a pistol from 300 yards before I could hit him with a sniper... something wrong there...

[/quote]

Was that you??

What's "wrong"... aim high, no I mean literally, aim higher to compensate for Bullet Drop. It's also pretty easy to spot that big ol' Scope you're using. Just in case you didn't notice it shines like a beacon where your face would be.