how??

how are people doing graphics  that i know arent possible with the ingame vinyls/layers? im new so any help would be appreciated. thanks!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Its possible.

threads like this come up all the time. do a youtube search for tutorials, there are some very goods ones out there.  those "impossible" graphics are a heck of a lot of work, being done by some very talented folks.....

I know its unbelievable but they can do it.There are some clever people out there with lots of patience.

Personally, I'm not a fan of putting mural type graphics in vehicles (though I have a few). Yeah, some of the work is incredible, but to me personally, it just looks dumb on cars. That said, this type of work is obviously possible, because it's being done. It just takes a lot of time, talent & patience. Just hunker down & give it the old college try. Besides, you might as well put the majority of your FM4 effort into the customization process, because the racing portion plays more like an afterthought in comparison.

i agree with you og pooh , some do look gaudy as heck, im more into the factory type grapfics, stripes and such. i guess i will have to give it a shot. thanks for the help.

Yeah, I'm much more into stripes & things like that myself. Most of my cars actually have no graphics at all... Just slightly tinted windows, wheels that go well on the car and a color that really suits the ride. The only times I go heavy on the graphics are when I'm doing an actual race car.

I like simple street graphics aswell is the race schemes people come up with.  The ones I can't stand are the Anime styled graphics.  In my opinion, they have no place on a car.  Movie poster... sure... car... no.  I'm not a big fan of cartoon pin up girls anyway.  I don't think it can get much tackier than that.  Maybe if they threw a number on 'em and some sponsor graphics.... maybe then....maybe.  Even then, it'd be a big stretch.  

I have a couple with pinup/anime girls, but (like you've said), they are part of a race design, with a number & sponsor decals.

I don't like the murals either usually.  I mean, they are beautiful, but faces on cars just looks weird...  Plus it often gets distorted.  Then again I also don't like blocks of contrasting colors with numbers and stickers everywhere (I guess the race look) either.

I like to use the graphics to give the appearance of certain parts being added to the car, like brake or hood vents, carbonfiber parts, or widebody kits (don't look at my SF, that's all I have lol).  But even that looks kinda goofy, you can only do so much with a 2D surface.

Fast cars and girls, what can I say?