How to use local currency associated with Microsoft account?

Once the change that Microsoft Points were going to be replaced by the Xbox owner's local currency, I have had some trouble trying to figure out how to use this currency. For example, when I want to purchase an add-on for a game on Xbox.com, the only option to pay for it is the Paypal account that is linked to my Microsoft account, and I cannot find out how to use the money that is still linked with the actual account after the discontinuation of Microsoft Points. Can someone please tell me if there is a way to use the currency linked to your account instead of money from a Paypal account?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

You can only use your currency on your console until the website is updated to handle currency

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you had microsoft points already on your account before they switched it the points would have been changed to your local currency so when you select to buy something on the marketplace from your xbox it will give you an option to change the way you want to pay for the item so you can select your old microsoft points or use the paypal to your account. Microsoft points are still being sold so you can still buy them and they will be converted into the closest dollar amount for the points you bought or you can use an xbox gift card to put more money onto your account

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.