How to use Kinect on Windows Vista?

How do you do it?  I can only find out how to do it on Linux and Windows 7

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 41 Applies to:

I assume your talking about the SDK. Well, As long as you d-load all the nessasary drivers that microsft provides, kinect will work with vista.

heres an easy tut for you to use.

kinect.dashhacks.com/.../beginners-guide-setting-your-microsoft-kinect-windows-pc-hacking

Also, If you cant find the info your looking from from the link i posted above, try http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/kinectsdk/default.aspx Its the Offical Kinect SDK website. Go to the forums and post up.

I managed to get the SDK working on Windows Vista following this link

social.msdn.microsoft.com/.../cc371fef-1a8e-4c20-91cf-1ee8a78c02d6

[quote]

I had the same problem; not having windows 7. I used ORCA (microsoft msi editor) to edit the installer, to remove the check for windows 7(table: launchcondition; edit 'Installed OR (VersionNT >= 601)' to 'Installed OR (VersionNT >= 400)' ), and the SDK happily installed. Also all drivers seem to register correct, and the camera seems to work. Only the audio seems to need some extra work.

Edit:

the microphone also seems to work, only the shapegame is complaining that some prerequisites are not installed. I can use the kinect as a normal mirophone. Would love to know if this will also work on XP..

[/quote]