How to switch from disk to download?

Ok, I just recently got an Xbox One, and I couldn't buy Forza online through my account (separate issue) so I went to Best Buy and bought a disk copy. I put it in, installed it and have been playing it for a few days just fine. Now, If I don't want to bother with the disk anymore, can I buy it online and download it to my account?  Will my saved games transfer to the downloaded copy? I want to sell the hard copy, and still be able to keep all of my stats. How do I go about doing this. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

You should be able to go to the Store from the Xbox Home and buy the game. Your game saves will still be attached to your gamertag. What issue is preventing you from buying it on your account?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Every time I try to purchase a game, it just says "Purchase cannot be completed at this time, please try again later". I tried with two different credit cars, both of which I know work. Called Xbox support and they told me that the issue was with my bank. I can tell you right now that my bank is not the issue. She then said that my account had some type of hold on it, and it would take 1 to 2 weeks to fix. She said that I would receive an email from support the next day to follow up with the issue. I got the email last night, and all it says is how to reset my password. Not the issue I was having, so I have no idea what they're doing on that, but I still cannot buy games online.

On top of that, I just learned that my Xbox One disc drive is broken. I can't put in a disk, it just makes a scratching noise and I had to manually use a paper clip to get the game out. So now I can't buy games online, and I can't use disk games. All I have is a $500 piece of plastic junk on my TV stand.

Microsoft, this is unacceptable. What are you going to do to make it right?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had this a while ago where my account had a hold on it, they put me through to billing support and they removed the hold straight away. Not sure why they told you two weeks.

Did you phone or web chat with them?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yup, I did a live chat with them last night. They are shipping me a new xbox. So the disk drive problem is solved (or will be) but my account still can't buy games online. Even on the Xbox One website. I brought that up when I was telling them about my faulty disk drive and he basically said he had no idea, and he was moving my ticket up to a guy above him. Said I would get an email in a few days. I hope it's not the same email I received last time that's just says how to reset my password.

Where did you call to have the hold removed?

Sorry this didn't help.