How to regain DLC

My brother and I share an Xbox 360 which we got last Christmas after our first Xbox broke. We also share the same hard drive that came with the new Xbox and we're both connected and signed to LIVE. We transferred our data (LIVE accounts, game saves, music etc) to the new hard drive but he can't play some DLC that I downloaded to our first Xbox. The biggest example being GTA IV: The Ballad of *** Tony. He never played it on the first Xbox but he did play The Lost and Damned which I also downloaded. He also downloaded the Dark Corners map pack and additional story piece for Gears of War 2 and I was able to play them on the first Xbox. But since transferring the data, we've only been able to play the DLC we bought and downloaded with our own accounts. He's tried going to the 'download again' option but then it comes up with the 'balance needed' and 'current balance' page and it's charging him for it. There's no way he should have to pay for it when it's already on the hard drive and doesn't even need downloaded again because I've been playing it for the last few months. But how the heck does he access it like I can?
Thank you in advance to anyone that helps me with this.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

You will need to do a license transfer of the content onto the new console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.