How to get metallic effect armour in MP

I discovered how to do metallic finishes for armour and the leather catsuits the Asari's and Drell's wear.

The odd thing is, I've bever seen anyone wearing shiny pink or green armour.  Everyone seems to stick to the dull matt colours.

It's actually pretty simple.

Primary colour: Black
Highlight colour: Whichever you want.  It looks better with the really bright colours you get in the middle of the palette though.  They get darkened a lot but it gives you soldiers a shiny metallic-looking armour. 

I use this on my Krogan Sentinel.  I use the bright pink.  It's kind of cool if you haven't unlocked all the custom options for a character (like me, I keep getting guns).  Doing it on the Drell's and Asari's makes them look like they're wearing **** red/blue/green leathers.

Thought I'd share this in case I jumped into your games and you though I'd "haxxed" the game when you saw me running around in metallic blue armour instead of the matt finishes you're used to seeing lol.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I've been using metallic purple (Primary Black, Secondary Dark Purple) armor for my characters ever since I first started. I've seen too many pink, green, blue matt colored characters running around... I've yet to see a pink armored Batarian, but I've seen quite a few pink Krogan and Turians...

It works on most armor. You can also do Red / Blue base and Blue / Red highlight for a mixed purple metallic outfit. Blue base and Green highlight looks alright too. Red / Yellow also works.

[quote user="Deaths Head 200"]

I've been using metallic purple (Primary Black, Secondary Dark Purple) armor for my characters ever since I first started. I've seen too many pink, green, blue matt colored characters running around... I've yet to see a pink armored Batarian, but I've seen quite a few pink Krogan and Turians...

[/quote]

Seriously, I want to vomit everytime I see someone using the bright green matt finish.  Or any of the really bright colours.

I saw a Geth character the other day who was done up in green like that and it was really off putting.  He looked like a radioactive bogey.

And did you?  I thought you wore dark blue armour lol.

I put the red primary and yellow highlight on some for that 'fire' effect. Pretty fun. Also the blue/white combo for a slightly frosted look. Yes, I tend to do it for characters specified with cryo or incinerate, mostly.

[quote user="Praetorian VIII"]

[quote user="Deaths Head 200"]

[/quote]

Seriously, I want to vomit everytime I see someone using the bright green matt finish.  Or any of the really bright colours.

I saw a Geth character the other day who was done up in green like that and it was really off putting.  He looked like a radioactive bogey.

And did you?  I thought you wore dark blue armour lol.

[/quote]

Actually, now that I recall, on my first match ever in MP, I did have a dark blue metallic armor... But, as I'm a fan of the Third Street Saints from the Saints Row trilogy, I decided to change to a dark purple metallic armor, in homage to them.

I recall the last match I was in earlier today... A Geth Infiltrator in Green with Pink highlight armor, a Krogan Vanguard in a sickly Yellow armor and finally a Drell Adept in a 'Split Pea soup' Green armor... I facepalmed.

I used to have matt effect armour as well.

Like dark green and the highlight would be black or white.  It didn't really stand out especially with the leather wearing characters, it made 'em look like they were wearing a combination of leather and suede lol.

So I started to experiment.  Surprised I'm not the only one who know's about this lol.

I know it's only a game.   But my mode of thinking when selecting colors is this,  I'm about to enter a battle and wearing flashy colors that make me pop out from my background isn't the best of ideas.  That's like running around Iraq in a bright red or blue Army suit.  Again, it's only a game and you're only playing the cpu so that doesn't really matter, but that's just how I pick my colors due to the 'role playing' factor..   I usually use a lot of blacks and greys, and camo if I have it unlocked.

Plus I agree, some of the color combos people pick are just awful.

[quote user="Praetorian VIII"]

I used to have matt effect armour as well.

Like dark green and the highlight would be black or white.  It didn't really stand out especially with the leather wearing characters, it made 'em look like they were wearing a combination of leather and suede lol.

So I started to experiment.  Surprised I'm not the only one who know's about this lol.

[/quote]How's that working for you, If it makes you happy, I guess..

I like to use all of the brightest colors. Any of the Metallic greens, blues, pinks and such are all good fun. Yellows get a little weird though (kinda "dirty" looking). A few Character Models won't go Metallic though (like the Quarian and Asari).

I have my Quarian Infiltrator all black (even the lights)

And the Quarian Engineer all white (with red lights)

I like simple color schemes with Krogans (although as more options become available I'll fiddle with the battlemaster's armor)