How to drop an Apache?

Whats the easiest way to drop one of these buggers? At level 14, Im running out crap the throw at them...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The best way to take them down is with the RPG/CG with tracers, or the AA guns. The AT4 can also work really well, but takes a lot of practice to use effectively.

does the heat seeking thing work? I just unlocked it/

The tracer dart works by firing a little homing device at a vehicle, allowing all friendly RPGs and Carl Gustavs to lock on to it. Keep your rocket launcher aimed at the vehicle until the orange square turns solid, and the distance to target appears. Then fire, and the rocket will track and hit the vehicle. Tracer dart plants can be countered by the vehicle smoke specialization. Both the RPG and the CG can track tracers, but the AT4 can't, since it's manually guided.

apache can be tough......the punishment it can take is ridiculous.....I don't mind that its devastating offensively, but defensibly it needs to be tweaked to reflect a more realistic model....they're not coated with armor I can tell you

Tracer dart followed by a RPG/CG rocket

CG Rocket

Tanks

Tank gunner seat

Anti air tank

Anti air gun

Mounted guns

go with extra damage on rockets, to avoid just damaging them

;)

And when getting the lock on (with the rocket)......... aim straight up, to avoid hitting buildings and other stuff.

Also, when the tracer is on.... You don't have to see the thing you are locking on to. So..... out in the open to shoot the tracer, and hide when locking on. That way you will live longer

;)

I thought the RPG specifically says it is not a tracer guided rocket.  I thought the tracers ONLY worked with the CG.  

No, the RPG is fully compatible with tracers too. It's the AT4 that doesn't work with them.

[quote user="reverse20"]

Tracer dart followed by a RPG/CG rocket

CG Rocket

Tanks

Tank gunner seat

Anti air tank

Anti air gun

Mounted guns

[/quote]

All of these are good effective options.

tracers are VERY hard to get a hit when a good pilot is flying. also, the tracer seems to shoot out of the right side of the gun when fired, meaning it will be off center a little, and the firing is delayed by about half a second. once you get used to these things, it can be very effective for taking down anything. its fun getting a lock, then firing the rocket off to the side so it flys wildly before hitting the heli. reminds me of the halo 2 warthog rocket fun videos LOL