How to customize classes

Started playing today and unlocked the grip and a scope for the U-100. My question is how do I put them on the gun. Are they automatically equipped? I tried doing this before deploying and can't tell if they are on the gun or not.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

First off let me say I don't know (as far as in-game) and get that out of the way.

But I think with this as well as the bare bones stats, they really want you to use Battlelog on the net, either through you PC or mobile device. You can set and actually understand loadouts on there and save them for the game. Woefully inconvenient but it seems it's what we got.

Aight I'll check out Battlelog. I tried out BF3 but did not like that game at all but really like BF4 so far. Weapon customization is confusing in this game, unless I'm missing something really simple.

I don't think you're missing anything and if you are so am I. In game loadouts are just baffling, not only hard to figure out how you change them (and I haven't yet so if anyone knows - speak up) but there's no way of knowing exactly what you need to do to unlock certain items.

I had to go to Battlelog to figure out how to unlock Carbines.

at the spawn screen, you press X while the cursor is highlighting the kit you want.  This will bring you to "customize" screen.  From there each weapon, secondary, gadget etc is customizable.  Look down at the bottom of your screen.  The instructions should be down there.  It isn't the most user friendly menu that's for sure.  A few things require you to move the control stick in a particular direction to function properly.  The menu also makes use of the triggers to toggle between things as well.  One more thing, in order to customize your vehicle related "perks" you have to actually be in one.  Kinda lame that you can't just alter stuff pre game or in the lobby.  But that's never been the BF way.  Like others have said you can also make changes online at battle log.

I believe its "x". Just look at the bottom of the spawn screen.

Battlelog hasn't worked for me. I changed all my stuff around on my PC (its such a pain to do it before spawning in, takes up valuable time), saved, but when I got on to play all my stuff was back to where it was beforehand.

I figured out about the spawn screen loadouts, that works the same as BF3 v1.whatever when they introduced it. But where's... anything... in My Soldier like BF3? You could do your loadouts etc from there at your convenience. My Soldier in BF4 is just... empty.

Why would you change that, for the worse? They want us all on tablets or something?

Fyi - if you dont want to waste time in an actual game you can do the same customize loadout in the test range.....meh, would rather have had it in the main menu like other games.

Thanks for the tips. I have found out now how to customize a class. Thanks.

Custom class navigation is horrendous IMHO, seemed better in BF3. Im off to try again.

[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]

Custom class navigation is horrendous IMHO, seemed better in BF3. Im off to try again.

[/quote]

I think the whole menu system has got worse to be honest.  Can I not view the scoreboard in-game?  'Back' brings u some friends list menu thing.