HOW TO CHILDPROOF MY CREDIT CARD SAVED IN MY PROFILE

Is there any way to lock purchases from being made?  My child spent $81.00 in a couple days without me knowing, all charged to the card saved in my profile.  He thought he was using points. Or can we return all purchases?  He bought a game for his dads profile when I already bought it on his profile.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 40 Applies to:

Hi, I don't know if this would work for you but it's the only way I can see to prevent your child from purchasing things.

-

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control

-

support.xbox.com/.../online-safety

-

Put your childs profile under parental controls and block them from making purchases on his account for a start, then put a passcode on your husbands or anyone else's profile to stop your child from signing into those profiles and purchasing anything

-

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-pass-codes

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

There's no real way to childproof your card online unless you set it up so your child can't access your account while you're not there via a password. If there is a credit card on the account that your child is playing on then there's no way to stop him/her from using it.

You're better off contacting phone support and not keeping your card on file and instead using prepaid Xbox LIVE Gold cards for subscription time and Xbox Gift Cards for currency to purchase items from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

You can reach out to phone support and discuss a refund for any sort of items purchased and to get your card off of your account(s). 

Sorry this didn't help.

This is exactly what has happened to me twice: the first for $275.00 and another for $150.00 - Uh oh is right, I was told that there was no way to "block" an online payment unless the credit card is deleted, which I did. I am currently in dispute - per XBox reps - for the $275.00 and hoping to get the $150.00 without having have to dispute it.

Sorry this didn't help.

My son charged $698 over this month!!!!  Absolutely ridiculous that there isn't a better system in place for blocking this from happening.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there canon445!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already.  This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.  Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.