How to change your story or OMG I killed Wrex!

On my current play through I have reached Virmire and it suddenly occurred to me that I'd never done a trilogy run without Wrex, I'd talked him down every time.

So this time I gritted my teeth and shot him down.

It's going to be weird seeing Wreave sitting on that throne and I'm already wondering how this is going to affect my thinking on curing the genophage in ME3.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

HOW COULD YOU KILL WREX?! :'(

I killed Wrex on my first tour - he was getting just a little too aggressive, so seeing Wreave on the throne wasn't a surprise and the sabotage of the cure no big deal until the end.  Having let Wrex live on my last tour and seeing him on the throne made me realize I made a mistake in my first tour - the genophage question was a no brainer then - we're friends now, lol.  Planning a 3rd tour soon to see how else I can mix things up!

[quote user="voteDC"]

It's going to be weird seeing Wreave sitting on that throne and I'm already wondering how this is going to affect my thinking on curing the genophage in ME3.

[/quote]

I didn't particularly enjoy Wreav's appearance in ME3, mind you, a lot of this has to do with my philosophical differences which are much more on par with Wrex's.  One thing that I really noticed was that his interactions with Padok Wiks (if you kill Mordin) weren't nearly as good, the dynamic between Wrex and Padok was a big part of Padok Wik's excellent appearance and was noticeably absent with Wreav being the leader, especially when you first land on Tuchanka en route to curing the Genophage.

A little off-topic, but I wanted to ask you about this since my voteShepard playthrough is also being played on the PC version, I noticed that when you buy items, for example from that Hanar vendor in the financial district of The Citadel, that it gives you the option to 'Buyback' & 'Sell' your items for more credits, is this exclusive to the PC version?  Have I just not noticed it before?  I recall reducing the items to OmniGel on the 360, but never knew that you could sell your stuff for Credits...:-) 

You can sell your items on the 360 and PS3 versions as well.

[quote user="voteDC"]

[/quote]

Wow, just never noticed that before, never ceases to amaze me how I discover something new in every playthrough.  It's so much better than accumulated OmniGel all the time, a lot of people complained about the inventory structure of the first game, but it's actually quite versatile, if however a lot of extra work...:-)

[quote user="Arkham99"]

[quote user="voteDC"]

[/quote]

Wow, just never noticed that before, never ceases to amaze me how I discover something new in every playthrough.  It's so much better than accumulated OmniGel all the time, a lot of people complained about the inventory structure of the first game, but it's actually quite versatile, if however a lot of extra work...:-)

[/quote]

I dunno if I'd call it versatile....in all of my vast and many playthroughs, ME1's inventory system is probably the most frustrating when it comes time to sell items. It's pretty good for equipping and modifying your gear, but it's appalling when you're trying to sell it. Especially when you're reaching the capacity limit and you're scrolling through the 150 or so items you have trying to find the ones you want to sell. I want it organized so that I don't have to move through 40 items before I can compare how many Inferno Rounds IX I have to how many Inferno Rounds X I have.

I never really encountered that issue because I'd convert to Omni-gel when I'd equip new items, stopped my inventory from becoming too cluttered.

-

Arkham you should enable the in-game console masseffect.wikia.com/.../PC_Tweaks, it'll let you make many tweaks. The best for me is being able to give yourself any armour right from the start.

Thanks, I'm gonna try this out, for I'm still not too far into my playthrough (my son hogs the PC!) and haven't gotten any good armours yet...:-)

I'm on Mass Effect 2 now and I'm remembering how much I hate the interface on the game.

-

After the great job Demiurge did with adapting the UI for PC players in the first game, for Bioware to do such a poor job on the sequel was shocking.

-

You can't double click on items, you can't scroll using the mouse wheel etc. The whole thing feels like a chore to play.

I'm probably gonna switch back over to the console version for the 2nd game because I just can't seem to log in enough hours on the PC to get this done in a timely fashion thanks to the computer hog.  I only have some of the DLC for the 2nd game on the PC as well, so I'll just use 'Genesis' and the face code for continuity on the 360.  I'm still knocked out by the 1920 X 1080p for the first game, it just looks sooo good.  There's so much more extra detail put in by the developers for the first game as well, I haven't noticed this before because I rarely brought Kaiden anywhere until now, but when he's standing around idle on The Citadel for example, he'll lower his head while putting his hand to his forehead as if he's having one of those headaches that he talks about from those implants that he's using.

This stuff may seem relatively minor to most, but I'm noticing little things like this daily which seemed almost non-existent in the next two games.  It's as though these details which added so much to the characters were traded in for more detailed weapons and sightscopes, etc.  There's definitely a bigger focus on detailing the environments and characters for the first game which I'm finding most refreshing.  I'm having a little trouble getting the "in-game console" working properly but I think that I know what the problem is, after reading it all over again I noticed that it said the keys "map differently" for non-US English keyboard layouts and mine often changes over to the 'Canadian French' layout on its own, or probably from me hitting the CTRL key by accident, I'll give it another try though...:-)