how to buy and listen to music from xbox music

I have a trial xbox music pass but i was wondered how you buy and/or stream songs so they could play while i can play a game at the same time?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 40 Applies to:

*wondering

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You can't stream music from xbox music while you're playing a game unfortunatley. You have to be using they're app on the xbox in order to access the content that way. Though, what you can do is install the software on a computer and download songs to that computers hard drive. Then, through either a direct link or through media sharing enabled on your pc and xbox you will be able to stream the music from your pc onto your xbox while you're playing a game whether its local or on live. I do it frequently and it's one of my favorite functions of xbox music. I'm unsure if this is still the correct up to date software for them but if you're using windows 7 I use zune and signed into your microsoft account will give you the same access onto your pc as your xbox. You can even create and access playlists and all that. When you click "select music source" on the home pop up screen it should show your computer as one of the possible options as a storage unit device. I find it usually helps if your computer is on and then you start your xbox so it recognizes it well. If you're using windows 8 then its similar but an even easier user friendly interface to accomplish the same ends. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks

Sorry this didn't help.