How to block downloading

My boyfriends son uses my Live account and is constantly buying and downloading games on it (hes six and doesnt understand its costing me!). How do i block or at least password protect the ablity to download or purchase stuff?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 350 Applies to:

You would need to activate the Parental Controls on your account Xbox Parental Control | Xbox Family Settings | Xbox Privacy - Xbox.com.

While this wouldn't block downloads, it does let you block access to Live completely. So you could disable it while you are playing and reenable the block once you are done.

A second option would be to store your profile on a USB stick How to format a USB flash drive as a storage device for the Xbox 360 console - Xbox.com.

You could then remove the profile from the console completely while you are not using it, so there is no way for him to access your account since it would not be there.

Which ever option you choose, perhaps creating him his own account would also be possible. Then he could still game but not be able to spend anything. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No. I want him to be able to play on the Live account. He lieks playing against people.

I just want ot make it so he cant buy anything. And i cant take my credit card off the account because i have automatic renewl set up.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you considered sitting down with him and his Dad and simply just let them know what is and is not allowed to be done while using your account? Set up some ground rules and when/if he doesn't follow them react accordingly with an agreed upon punishment.

If you don't let him know he is doing something wrong he will not learn anything from it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Not that easy. Hes deaf. I know sign language but not enough to get the point across.

I just wont allow him to use my live account anymore. I just thought there was a way because awhile ago a guy on the support line told me there was. I just didnt ask him how back then.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry the answer wasn't what you wanted but there is no way just to block purchases, it's either disable Live or fully open.

You could call Support and have them turn off automatic renewal and remove any cards from the account, that way he would not be able to spend anything if you have no Microsoft Points support.xbox.com/call-us. It'd mean you having to buy subscription cards from a store or website but it would also stop him from buying on the console.

If you want him to still be able to play online and not removing your card from your account, then you could set him up with his own account and Gold subscription. You could even get the Family Pack which allows you to have four Gold subscriptions for one price, there is also an option in there to transfer points to other accounts in the pack, so you could still him him a points allowance if you like Family Pack - Xbox.com.

Sorry this didn't help.

" i cant take my credit card off the account because i have automatic renewl set up."  --> You can remove this option.. you need to contact the Xbox Live support in your region to disable the renewl options  and then you can remove the credit card details from your Xbox live profile..

check this link for Toll Free Phone numbers to contact Xbox Live support.

support.xbox.com/.../call-us

Sorry this didn't help.

Him being hearing impaired doesn't mean you can't have a conversation with him about it. If he can read then you sit him down in front of the PC and use Wordpad/Notepad to have a talk about it. I have done that many times with hearing impaired co-workers in the past and it worked very well.

Sorry this didn't help.