How to - Better protect unwanted purchases!

Our Xbox 360 is very much our home consoles that the family uses for gaming, whether that be Kinect games or more traditional core games. We primarily utilise just 1 Xbox Live Gold account, so the kids can play online, as can I, at different times. What I am calling for here as the individual owner of the account and bill payer, is better protection on purchases.

Whether that be accidentally downloading the next chapter for Sesame Street Kinect due to it poorly being implemented as an existing level as opposed to a usual download/store screen. Or, frankly just to stop other family member being tempted to download map packs utilizing my Microsoft points or linked payment method.

Not all of us can afford, nor want to pay for Gold for each of our children, and I am more than happy for them to play online using my own Gold account, what I am not happy for though, is for them to be able to easily spend my money on Xbox Live.

I am calling for an option to lock-out purchasing on Xbox Live. Take for example you buy something from Amazon on your card, you typically have to put in the security numbers on your card. For Xbox Live I would like to see one of two things, option 1, have purchases require the user to enter a password via. controller, much like you can do for siging in - I would prefer this method, for example, LT,LT,LT,LT might be the button presses as my password, or utilize the account holders Live id password, I prefer the first method though.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

For example -- Little Johnny wants to buy new maps for Halo/COD to keep on playing with his friends, this currently is something he could easily do using my account. What I want, is for "Little Johnny" when going to buy these maps is to be prompted with a password, which means he then has to ask me, the account holder, to input such password and confirm the purchase for him.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings, Waynimus. Thanks very much for your feedback. I appreciate where you're coming from and would encourage you to post these suggestions in the feedback forum as well forums.xbox.com/.../133.aspx . This way your suggestions will reach the right audience. Thank you and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you purchase the Family Gold Plan you can have four members, including yourself on a Gold Subscription for just $99 for a year sub. If you have time left on your current sub it will get prorated and you won't have to pay the full $99. I will include a link below with more information on this. 

From there your children, once you make your account the primary account should you use the FGP, will have child accounts (provided you use their actual birthdates) and you can set up Family Settings on the console to restrict what they can and can not do while on XBL/Marketplace and you can set up Parental Controls on each of their accounts as well as the console itself. I will provide links below with more information on that as well. (Of course the best controls are the ones you establish with your children and household. As well as the consequences of not following those controls)

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/marketplace-and-purchasing/billing-points-family-pack

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/JoinLive/FamilyPackFAQ

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/parental-controls/xbox-live-parental-control

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/online-privacy-and-safety/online-safety

Sorry this didn't help.