How the hell did it get worse?

I thought the last patch was bad but i was sadly mistaken. The last patch was annoying but if it wasn't buffering all i had to do was restart the video and play it again and maybe about 70% of the time i wouldn't have a problem after that depending on my connection if it was a 1 or 2 bar it would play without buffering, i would occasionally have to restart the video 2 or 3 times when i had a 3 bar but for the most part i didn't have to that much. When the new patch came out it worked great i don't know what has happened recently but for some reason the buffering seems worse now. I thought it was my connection but my connection is the same as it was before. Now in the middle of a video it will buffer no matter what the connection is and i will get stuck in a endless cycle of buffering, It will buffer and then play the video for 2 seconds then buffer then play the video for 2 seconds then buffer etc. non stop. The first YouTube layout had some freezing issues but at least it would buffer a video correctly. I know people complained about the freezing issues but i never found it as that big of a problem and rather put up with having to restart my Xbox every 30 minutes to a hour compared to having to restart a video 3 or 4 times. I don't get it the first layout worked almost perfectly other then freezing issues and then you guys go and change things and make it worse and then you "TRY" keyword TRY to patch it again and it just keeps getting worse and worse. I don't get it i really don't can someone please for the love of god please explain the logic behind fixing something that is not broken... well not as broken as it is now. If this is some kind of cruel joke it's not funny.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 15, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Same *** here! I also no longer have ANY of my Uploads. Someone explain to me a gain why we pay for this "service"? What a joke!

I like Youtube on 360 IE i just wish the quality was a little better. I think it still works because the app is just not that great. If the app is giving me major problems then i usually go and watch on IE for a bit. I'm gonna try and change my gamer tag and give that a shot. I usually can get in somewhere between 6 or 10 videos before it freezes but still worth a shot because sometimes it's more frequent then other times.

To tell the truth i never had to restart my Xbox every 30 min's to a hour with the old layout. It was more like every 2 to 3 hours. The only time it froze on me a ton is when i was searching for videos or if you scroll to fast through the videos. The black screen on the other hand happened randomly idk what causes that but it would either pop up 30 mins into a video or never pop up.

maybe our xboxs arnt fit for purpose !

take it back it still freezes my what a pile of you know what how are you supposed to enjoy the next gen of gameing when its just riddled with bugs wheres major nelson hed sort this pls sort it or remove the app dont just dismiss it.

The first couple hours after the update it worked fine and buffered correctly and didn't have any freezing issues but it's seems to progressively get worse. Now it's a hit or miss if it decides to buffer, it will usually buffer but sometimes it's just faster to restart the video and find my spot then it is to sit there for a minute/minute and a half. Also i never had a big problem with the freezing issues but that's got a lot worse for me and more frequent it's annoying having to restart my xbox but I'm still more irritated about the buffering I'm glad it buffers videos now and sometimes it only takes like 10 or 15 seconds but the other 60% of the time it's usually somewhere between 30 seconds to a minute. The old layout for me the didn't take that long to buffer i never had to restart a video and it only usually took like 10-20 seconds. Guess i will never be truly satisfied with this app, it went from fairly decent besides freezing problems to worse and practically unusable to bad and sort of usable. Take a step forward and quit take more steps back.

Freezing issues for me have never really been a problem, i don't know why but my Xbox only froze if i was scrolling through videos really fast by holding the RB or randomly while searching for videos and it didn't happen that much i could usually get in a couple 20-30 minute videos before it would freeze or i would get the black screen. I love the old layout i really wish they would of left it alone and then tried to just figure out what was causing people to freeze, instead they go and tweak everything and make it much much worse. Also you can watch youtube on the Internet Explorer app, the quality is not great but it works at least.

None of the standard scripted tips the Support people give work, its a problem with the app itself (re:update).

The fact that they released a new update so close on the heels of the Jan update tells you, IMO, that they are aware of the bug...not that it did any good.

As odd as it sounds the only thing that has helped me at all is changing my gamer picture...I know it sounds odd but when another poster suggested it I had nothing to loose.  And it worked!   Well...for 15 vids it did anyway, then it's back to freezing.

But the fact that gives me a window of roughly 15 videos is better than nothing OR the cumbersome pain that is YouTube on 360 IE. 

Still..I wonder why that works temporary as it is?

seems to be better last 2 days thanks microsoft youtube plus mods for putting up with the moaning

I'm gonna try to clear my system cache and stuff and see if that helps. The freezing doesn't seem like a big problem on my end, my problem is the constant buffering. I can get through 4 minutes videos with no problem but i watch a lot of 30 min to a hour videos and a quarter of the way through it just buffers and buffers and buffers non stop. I still find myself restarting the video because it's faster then letting the damn thing buffer. They haven't fixed any problems but made it much much worse.