HOW THE **** DO I KILL THESE THINGS?

The freaking skeleton dogs. Jesus, I think I need to summon some people to walk me through the *** tomb of giants.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

pyromancy works quite well, pyromancy can also compliment any class nicely as it doesn't require points in intelligence to be affected. pick up a flame glove if you havent already, upgrade it a bit, buy some spells, iron flesh + heavy armour + combustion/great combustion works well on dogs, also great fireballs work very well, although you only get 4 charges i think, or 6.

How do you upgrade your flame?

do you remember rescuing a pyromancer (guy in like a light brown hooded outfit), you need to roll into a bunch of barrels to set him free, dont use your weapon and be careful, just roll into them to free him, hes near where you fight the first butcher in the depths. the depths are after capra demon. and the area with the thieves/dogs. he will be to the left in a large room. after saving him go back to firelink shrine and youll find him up some small stairs near the bon fire, he upgrades your flame and sells spells, once you upgrade your flame to +10 another pyromancer trainer appears in blighttown in the swamp area, near a huge piller before quelags domain. she can upgrade the glove to +15 and then ascend it, and then upgrade to another +5 ascended flame, the most powerful it can get. be warned though it will cost a LOT of souls to max it out. the second trainer also sells more spells. some spells are found in the world. like toxic mist, ect.

I made a pyromancer character, but I always forget to use my flame.

Sword in one hand flame in the other at all times.

** Posted this in the wrong thread **

I was able to one-hit-kill those big boys with my enchanted Zweihander - using it 2 handed. I think the sheer weight of it was enough. Divine weapons are meant to be THE way to go though.  I had to experiment to find the right weapon and magic/enchanted seemed to work ok too. Can't beat a bit of pyro either.  strong armour and your biggest shield is a MUST, they're strong. good luck

Divine weapons do nothing special against these guys. I'm a cleric knight with a +10 divine great scythe. I'm the angel of death. I'm mad that they nerfed my hemmed gold robe because not I can't wear it all the time and look like the reaper.

IMHO I think the magic/enchanted route is best to kill the big skellies and dogs. You're right that divine doesn't quite do the job with them, but it IS the only way to keep the ones in Nito's den coming back to life when u think you've killed them. If you  don't use divine weapons on them they keep getting back up - I learnt the hard way. So I went Enchanted/Magic on the way thru TOG and then Divine when I finally make it to Nito's

Yeah - I used the hemmed robe a lot too, looked great, annoyed they nerfed it, I wish they'd allow it to be upgraded.

Kill the skeleton dogs with pyromancy  only equip the divine weapon for the skeletons in the boss fight, you dont even have to fight the dogs from the second bonfire up to the boss just run past them 9 times out of 10 you will get souls from one of them falling to its death just kill the bone towers lower down fireball the archer and run past the giant skeleton keep to the left in the room of sorcerers and your at the boss no bother.

When I went through there, my lvl 10 fire spear carried me through that area. I was able to block and attack at the same time. When they'ed attack, they'd hit my shield and I would attack at the same time. It got me through that area pretty easily. I'd suggest you make yourself a spear, either lighting or fire and use that as back up when you come across a tough enemy.