How scaled down are console maps?

Anyone know? Also, on Operation Firestorm they said you could fit 3 Atacama Deserts inside of it. Well that seems like perfectly good sized maps for 64 players, but will 24 players be running the whole time trying to find small firefights??? I'm kinda worried about that. Thanks!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well vibroluxor, nothing in what you posted has anything to do with how scaled down the maps are so.

-

To the OP, I've read that the actual ground battles are scaled down, but the aerial battles are the same.

-

In Conquest, on the PC it goes from 5 flags to 3 flags on the Xbox 360 on some maps.

-

I haven't been able to find the actual layouts themselves, but it probably will be a bit scaled down, but at the same time the Objectives (Flags, MCOMM's) will be a lot closer together to pace the action better for having less than half the players the maps were designed for.

-

Anyone else have the actual map layouts?

I aint gonna post a link 'cause I can't even remember the link...but I seem to recall this issue being addressed and a simple diagram was given.....basically the map I saw had maybe 10% if its total area reduced for consoles....and it's not like they shrunk anything.....buildings and such are still the same size....they just sorta chopped the edges off

[quote user="MattKohl101"]

Well vibroluxor, nothing in what you posted has anything to do with how scaled down the maps are so.

-

To the OP, I've read that the actual ground battles are scaled down, but the aerial battles are the same.

-

In Conquest, on the PC it goes from 5 flags to 3 flags on the Xbox 360 on some maps.

-

I haven't been able to find the actual layouts themselves, but it probably will be a bit scaled down, but at the same time the Objectives (Flags, MCOMM's) will be a lot closer together to pace the action better for having less than half the players the maps were designed for.

-

Anyone else have the actual map layouts?

[/quote]

You couldn't find THIS because you suck. 

Oh ok, I am still a little worried though that some of the maps are going to be a little to big for 24 players....

[quote user="Joeshmo93"]

Oh ok, I am still a little worried though that some of the maps are going to be a little to big for 24 players....

[/quote]

Oh of course they're going to be too big, they're designed for 64 players and are being used by 40 less than that.

-

But, what will happen is they will be concentrating the action into certain parts of the maps so it keeps is size, but doesn't get too boring by having people run the same 2 pathways to the Objectives.

[quote user="Joeshmo93"]

[/quote]

Oh of course they're going to be too big, they're designed for 64 players and are being used by 40 less than that.

-

But, what will happen is they will be concentrating the action into certain parts of the maps so it keeps is size, but doesn't get too boring by having people run the same 2 pathways to the Objectives.

[/quote]

Another thing that will happen is because they've (seemly) clustered the objectives in a relatively small area, the rest of the map will go to waste. 

I remember 'Par for the course" on BC1......map was pretty good sized.....seems like it had more than 3 flags too...been awhile, so I could be wrong

[quote user="vibroluxor"]

[/quote]

Hey, you didn't read that link did you? Read your own links for once. It STILL doesn't show the layouts of the maps. This is almost as bad as posting how they " they just did rework the point system" for Battlefield, when it turned out to be a 3 month old article where they released some point values for Battlefield 3 (not even all of them...)

-

Once again, still glad to shoot down all of your posts and prove you wrong time and time again :). You make it too easy though!

[quote user="vibroluxor"]

[/quote]

Hey, you didn't read that link did you? Read your own links for once. It STILL doesn't show the layouts of the maps. This is almost as bad as posting how they " they just did rework the point system" for Battlefield, when it turned out to be a 3 month old article where they released some point values for Battlefield 3 (not even all of them...)

-

Once again, still glad to shoot down all of your posts and prove you wrong time and time again :). You make it too easy though!

[/quote]

...did you scroll down even a little bit?  How about click on the second page....?  if you can find more info than that, put it up, or stfu.  worse than my exwife.