How prevent Host Lag 99% of the time!

There is a way to prevent yourself from being host before a round starts that works 99% of the time.   I shouldn't post it since it's really going to impact the game once everyone starts using it but i hate Host Lag so much that i don't care anymore

Grab your smartphone and connect to your house wifi.  Open a program called Speedtest.net and run it while your in the lobby.  It drags your ping and internet speed so low that the game detects your speed as crap and migrates to another host. 

The only time this will not work is if you join a lobby and don't have enough time to run the test.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Lol,cool.i have the app on iphone :)

as long as you run ANY speedtest against your internet from any device (pc, laptop, touchpad, phone, etc) it will prevent you from host selection.

:-)

Yep!It works.I am always host usually due to 100mbps fiber.99% of games.

I have fiber as well and this trick works for me.  

Now i'm going to really ruin this game.  

Run speedtest if you join in the middle of a match and it re-balances the Lag Comp for your connection ;-)

Nice!!

Anyone can verify this?

I can verify I never have any lag regardless if I'm host or not and I don't have to use any stupid tricks.

This lag is always worse for any player with fiber or high speed connection.

Manipulating bandwidth is not a "consistent" thing. Youll probably get mixed results, but whatever. The game will probably migrate to you after a few minutes anyways, duh.