How much is too much?

How much would a new game have to cost before you viewed it as too much and refused to buy it?

I personally would not pay any more than the current RRP (£39.99) for a new game.

Recently I have actually started to question that price and am currently not spending more than £15 on any new games.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

$40

$70

[quote user="Ascenion"]

$70

[/quote]How much is that in real money (by real money I mean Sterling (Pounds) of course)?

A standard game here in the states costs $60.

[quote user="WILK0"][quote user="Ascenion"]

$70

[/quote]How much is that in real money (by real money I mean Pounds of course)?

[/quote]

I think roughly £46 

Anything over the standard price, lower if the game is a gamble.

In CND funds, I would pay as much as required if I felt I NEEDED the game. I paided $59.00 CND for Bioshock Infinite, I want I buy......  Games are a want, not a need, no difference than any other bad habit.

[quote user="kingvas78"]

In CND funds, I would pay as much as required if I felt I NEEDED the game. I paided $59.00 CND for Bioshock Infinite, I want I buy......  Games are a want, not a need, no difference than any other bad habit.

[/quote]I have a few bad habits, and I have found them to be a need regardless if I actually want the thing I am addicted to.

I used to buy every single half decent game brand new on release regardless of the price, but now I try to wait for them to hit my sweet price point (which is £15), I've also done the same with my other bad habits.

When I asked the question I had the next gen games in mind, i'd imagine publishers/retailers will try to hike the price up like they did at the start of this generation, so I was curious as to what people are willing to pay for a new game...

[quote user="WILK0"][quote user="kingvas78"]

[/quote]I have a few bad habits, and I have found them to be a need regardless if I actually want the thing I am addicted to.

I used to buy every single half decent game brand new on release regardless of the price, but now I try to wait for them to hit my sweet price point (which is £15), I've also done the same with my other bad habits.

When I asked the question I had the next gen games in mind, i'd imagine publishers/retailers will try to hike the price up like they did at the start of this generation, so I was curious as to what people are willing to pay for a new game...

[/quote]

No matter what gen of game, there is that "general limit" that people will pay. If the game shows well, they may get a couple extra bucks out of it. I think the $60-$70 CDN mark is my limit for games................. unless I can be upsold by fancy advertising..........

I only buy games at full price if I REALLY want it..and usually it's at launch.  Last year I only bought maybe 3 games at launch.

Everything else I wait for Xmax, Summer, and Thanksgiving online sales.  I bet 6 months from now Bioshock will be like $15 on PC on a Steam sale or something.  It gets addicting.

In any case....$60 is the most I'll spend for a new game.  But like I said...I rarely do that.