How much do you think a brand new copy of this game is worth?

Okay, I think I should get a few things out of the way first. Yes, Skyrim is very good, the whole "Have a spell in one hand and a sword in the other" is pretty neat, but, its been done before. But thats not why I'm here. As much as a fun game Skyrim is, and I've seen so many people play it and love it, and not been able to put it down for days, even weeks, its just, not my cup of tea. I've enjoyed the pervious installments in The Elder Scrolls series, but, now, I'm just not into medieval RPGs any more. I'm more into the likes of Mass Effect and Deus Ex, rather than Elder Scrolls and Fable. And, sadly, when I finally complete the final quest, I will be forced to sell Skyrim.

But I'd like to ask two questions; How much is a pretty much brand new copy of Skyrim worth? And where is the best place to sell it?

Are we talking the likes of eBay? Game? Gamestation? Or one of those dodgy trade in places like Music Magpie?

Realistic Answers please.

Oh, and please don't spam with loads of posts along the lines of "OMG how cud u not LUV SKREEM?! ITZ LIEK DE BEST GAME EVARRR", we're not here to debate the quality of the game.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Your title is a little misleading, as you are not asking how much a new copy is worth, you are asking how much a used copy is worth.  I honestly don't know how much, but, would almost guarantee you that selling it on ebay would get you more for it at this point than trading it in, as my past experience with trading in games leads me to believe after about 2 months of being released, they aren't even really worth trading in.  Skyrim may be different though.

Why didn't you just rent it first before spending your hard-earned money on something you most likely won't like? It baffles me how many people do this stuff to themselves. To answer your question, sell it on eBay or craigslist. Game places like those won't give you *** back, then they sell it for $5 less than what it is new.

You should hang onto it.  DLC will be out.  But... if this game really just isn't doing it for you then just sell it wherever you can.  Best Buy usually gives a pretty good value for new games, especially ones that are popular.  The problem with BB is that they only give credit.  but still you'll likely get more credit from BB than cash from say... Game Stop.

Okay, I admit, the title is a little misleading. It seems all arrows point to eBay. Resisted the joke there, you all know which one I'm talking about.

It was actually a christmas gift from a friend, and I played it a little over the Holidays, and it didn't "Take My Breathe Away" as some people had said it would. It gaming terms it is quite brilliant. So many things to do. But, I don't know, it just doesn't scream "Keep playing me and never stop" like other games do.

I'll still be holding on to it for a while, I barely have any free time, and since I want to get a little more time out of it, it'll be a while (A month, most likely) before I actually sell it.

Thank you for all your suggestions.

I got my copy brand new off a website (i'll msg you it) for $56 AUD. Cheap for Australia. :D

Why not look up the current price on Gamestop's site ya moron.

First time I see one of these threads, it usually "Ohh I'm so sorry I SOLD my "GAME" do you think I should re-buy it is it worth re- buying?? Why do people sell games in the first place? guaranteed you will be regretting it somewhere down the road, $20 is all you will get for it IF your lucky!

^True that.  What this game is worth will far outweigh anything he'll get for it.  In retrospect if Skyrim was only $60 brand new then just about every other game that came out this year should be about $20, considering depth, originality and amount of content.  And MW3 should have cost $5.

^

MW3 cost $135 here.

It sells for $54.99 used on Gamestop. That leads me to believe that your trade in value will be about $15-$20. You could probably put it on Ebay for $30-$40 and get it fairly easily. If you want to move it fast, price it around $30.