How many people would...

support an Anniversary Edition of the Call of Duty series? 

Instead of coming out with another version with a campaign, Treyarch and Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer work together to release a multiplayer, co-op, combat training version featuring every single map from all the previous versions of the Call of Duty series, including all map packs from CoD2 up to MW3. No single player campaign, no zombies. Just the three aforementioned options with all playlists available in both Core Mode and Hardcore Mode all on a dedicated server system. 

And it would release for the usual $59.99 price. 

Just a thought and would like to hear some feedback, good or bad. I know many would say they should release it for free for some of their previous versions being unplayable due to mods but let's be realistic here, that won't happen. As for DLC for it, well they could either add more new maps, ones not from previous versions, or add new game modes.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'd be interested, as long as they don't charge for the dedicated servers.  I'm just afraid that Activision would realize how much they could make if they charged as little as $5.00 a month for dedicated servers, though.

I would buy it just to see it. I would also want to see how many glitches were put in it. It does some like it would be alot of fun.

WaW maps? Yes please!

I would totally buy such a thing.  It would also be cool to have the multi-player characterts from all of the previous games.  WWII era soldiers fighting the Spetznatz.

In theory that all sounds fine and dandy...

But is it a good idea? Yes.  

Is it ever happen? Yes probably.  

Will I support it? That question, I can't answer.

Sounds to try hardish for me.

Who cares anyway right.

I'd be all in. Dedicated servers? YES. Old school maps? YES. Old school weapons? YES. Everything about that would be a win...and a well worthwhile win at that. Just fix the spawns, please.

Sounds too good to be possible. Besides raping the wallets and purses of parents everywhere(myself included) I still think it would be a fun game, and game that you could play for a while. Just think though, in November, they'll probably be another COD waiting, so you never know....

Yes I most definitely would without a shadow of a doubt

I will never buy anything else made by IW or SledgeHammer. But if Treyarch did it on their own then yes I would.