How is the Recon/Sniper class in BF4?

I have great memories of playing Battlefield 2 and the Recon class, using actual stealth tactics in the game, spotting players for the rest of the team, accounting for bullet drop on shots, etc.  I skipped the last BF game, but heard someone mention the other day that the Recon class was decent this year.  Anyone agree?  Disagree?  Is the class worth playing?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

the class is just fine.....99% of the players blow chowder

[view:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dgIHsGuZYs]

i sniped like crazy in bf3, not liking recon as much on this game but i also havent really given it a chance. not understanding the zeroing out my scope thing.

suck like always

The Recon class in BF4 is my favorite class, especially since you can use carbines or DMR's.

Giving this class C4 changes everything IMO...PLus as ^^^^ he says the option to use a carbine and the DMR's really makes this class much more usefull while in the middle of the sh*t. If you use the kit like it should be used....Sensors, spotting  etc you can be a HUGE help to your team.

[quote user="II BiGDaDDiE II"]

Giving this class C4 changes everything IMO...PLus as ^^^^ he says the option to use a carbine and the DMR's really makes this class much more usefull while in the middle of the sh*t. If you use the kit like it should be used....Sensors, spotting  etc you can be a HUGE help to your team.

[/quote]

Good info.  I like the sounds of that.  I'm not normally great at shooters, but I love anything that allows me to provide support skills.

I hate snipers in general, a bunch of do nothing bush humpers that cost your team the win  then quit right before the match ends. That being said, I love the recon class, it's my most played this time around. Working on my second star for it

ok who spiked Zombie's drink?  

What is the 2nd gadget that Recon carries?  Some kinda rangefinder?