How Is It?

I've read multiple reviews on the game but I'd like some more opinions. As an overall multiplayer shooter, how does Battlefield play?

I've also read that the Frostbite doesn't allow for destructible enivroments like expected. Is that true?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

well i have modern combat 2 and this one is very different from that....as for the single player game (which is what i bought it for)...it's lacking in many ways, sure there are glitches here and there but the game fails to draw me in as i was expecting a more "real" tactical shooter as it was marketed.

i'm dumbfounded that a game with this much hype and "realism" doesn't let you shoot out lights that shine on you. even car headlights can't be shot. even though you are told to constantly follow a member of your squad the game won't advance until you hit the "sweet spot" or do away with 1 last enemy shooting at your squad who won't bother to return fire or kill him when they actually do, meaning YOU HAVE to be the ONE to kill the last enemy before the game moves along and your squad advances. all these little things take you out of the game rather then try to put you in it....i won't comment on the multiplayer since i won't play that until i finish the story. but i'm in no rush to do so since i'm not really into multiplayer  so it isn't a selling point for me.

transform

That was going to be my next question, are the game mods more objective based, or deathmatch based? And with the larger maps is the gameplay action for slower paced and uneventful? Also, is there a good mixture of close, mid range and long range combat?

[quote user="CursedOptimus1"]

well i have modern combat 2 and this one is very different from that....as for the single player game (which is what i bought it for)...it's lacking in many ways, sure there are glitches here and there but the game fails to draw me in as i was expecting a more "real" tactical shooter as it was marketed.

i'm dumbfounded that a game with this much hype and "realism" doesn't let you shoot out lights that shine on you. even car headlights can't be shot. even though you are told to constantly follow a member of your squad the game won't advance until you hit the "sweet spot" or do away with 1 last enemy shooting at your squad who won't bother to return fire or kill him when they actually do, meaning YOU HAVE to be the ONE to kill the last enemy before the game moves along and your squad advances. all these little things take you out of the game rather then try to put you in it....i won't comment on the multiplayer since i won't play that until i finish the story. but i'm in no rush to do so since i'm not really into multiplayer  so it isn't a selling point for me.

[/quote]

My wife, who has opened herself up to gameing (she is the best :) ) had the same complaint. Now, she hasn't played as much but she is saying the story isn't drawing her in. I have the same kind of complaints as CursedOptimus1.  I still am liking single player it has some wierd elements as Optimus indicated.

[quote user="AA25 Mamba"]

I've read multiple reviews on the game but I'd like some more opinions. As an overall multiplayer shooter, how does Battlefield play?

I've also read that the Frostbite doesn't allow for destructible enivroments like expected. Is that true?

[/quote]

This..http://fastharry.com/?p=4506

Im loving it so far with some minor issues, most of which will be patched. The main thing in your post is true OP, the destruction isnt as detailed as it has been. But its not to the point where people should be totally put off by it. What is destroyable is very well done detail wise. And small things in that vein are great. For example I had an enemy prone behind a low concrete wall (which is destructable) firing on my squad. I used the humvee machine gun to surpress him and the amount of sparks and concrete dust that kicked up blinding him was an exciting sight. And when a building does go down, it looks better than the BC2 "exploding toothpicks" look

Frostbite has fully destructible environments, you have misread. For BF3, they have toned down the destruction for gameplay needs. But If you are an objective play and play to win; not K/D, I'd say get it.

it is very cool. there are some connection issues but once you get in a server it is great

If you enjoy having to run for 5 minutes just to get to an objective and actually shoot at somebody, go for it. Myself, I am gonna trade it in while it still has some value.

The game is a fantastic Battlefield game, like those of the past.  Nothing is ''new'' in the sense of gameplay.  Overall it is your typical BF game, if you enjoyed others you will enjoy this one.

-

As for the Frostbite 2 technology, it has not lived up to the ''hype''.  Yes you can destroy walls and such but not much different than Bad Company.  To me it seems like the same type of destruction, while others say it doesn't seem as destructible.  

-

This one seems faster than past games.  Controls are much improved.  

-

Final verdict, if you've played one, you've played 'em all.  Not a bad thing, just do not expect major differences.