How is it a 10 year old copy of 2K still has better play by play?

How is it possible that 2K football from the Dreamcast can have play by play that is still better than what Madden and EA can put out? While playing 2K the announcers call the play as it's happening in real time and they call what is "actually" happening on the screen. Yes there is some repeat in the color commentary but for the most part its refreshing, interesting and sometimes actually funny because it was ment to be funny, not funny bad, like EA announcers. We as a consumer have lost so much by EA taking over the NFL license. I leave the audio on during my game but the problem is that while playing Madden I just ignore it since it's just all so wrong. I liked Madden audio better when it was just John Madden screaming "Boom!" every couple of minutes, cause at least most times it fit. Just a shame EA has done this to a game like football. What's worse is the people who are looking forwards to Battlefield 3. EA will *** that up somehow.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I agree with you totally bigd7387. 2K5 was a great game. Have you checked how the cheerleaders look in Madden? They are horrible. You would think with the technology that they could at least look like a women. 2K5 cheerleaders are far better and that was back then. The quality is going downhill in Madden. To much time spent on the bells an whistle and not enough on the game play.

These details are trivial.  Its been over 6 years.  Go  away already.

This is how it works. EA gives the madden studios probably about 60 hours of labor to complete each madden. All they have to do it recode the same commentary and animations and sprinkle a few here and there and they say it's $60 worth of entertainment. While it does have some entertainment value in it, I have never played a Madden game that I thought was worth full admission. All we can do is hope people will finally see what they are paying full price for, and just how much of that money they've spent on the same *** for the past 10 years. I just hope most people buy this game used at least.

I have another question, why in thee hell would some of you [Mod Removed] buy this game year-after-year and expect giant, sweeping changes?

The saying is true, there's a sucker born every minute, and Madden sheep prove it every year.

Dont care about play by play, or graphics, or presentation. All I want is gameplay and im tired of 3rd stirng 60 rated QBs lighting me up. I just want a game where ratings (other than speed) mean something.

If you don't care about the presentation then play the NES. But for 60 bucks the presentation is not the only thing broken. The play by play would be a minor complaint if it wasn't for the fact that people who aren't on my team in real life show up during the coin flip, there also not on the roster. They are sitting on the bench during shots. Ok fine overlook that. Now the computer, after telling it not to in the options screen, keeps *** with my roster. I can't throw a pass without it falling short or going through a defender or being deflected and not caught in triple coverage. I can run for over 300 plus yards in the first half with 10 minute quarters and excelerated clock speed. The computer will randomly stick my punter in for my place kicker during regular season? It will use my Left Tackle for long snapper, even though the long snapper shows up in my roster and is selected to be used. I have to turn the names off because it gets depressing seeing Madden *** me the whole time. I normally never, never say crap about how bad a game is after I have bought it, I see it as my fault for doing it and move on. But I actually care about the NFL and I buy their products and go to the games. Is it really wrong to want to play a decent game of football? If anyone knows a way to make a company care about their product I would love to hear it. Because they don't need my 60 bucks and not buying a game is only hurting me because there are still to many people who are willing to just tollerate it. You don't care about the play by play or graphics or presentation but damn, the atmosphere is kinda what makes football, football. The gameplay is what makes football, football. If Madden had the gameplay, then I'm in but they don't. Me trading Madden 12 back isn't hurting anyone cause I've already made the mistake of giving EA my 60 bucks.

meh, i was a superstar type person ever since 06 came out and they completely destroyed it in my opinion... i mean really!! a overall 66 linebacker starting over RAY LEWIS!!! get outta here

God 2k is gone get over it... I was one of those people who bought the 2k series over madden until it stopped and Guess what i got over it and like madden now... Oh and guess what 2k had a game like 2 years ago and it sucked called All pro football or something. Lets just say they get rid of the Exclusive right for the nfl do you honestly think 2k would actually put a good game out... Giving that they have the exclusive rights of baseball and those games suck compared to the show there "NFL" game can just be as bad( I would bet that it would if they ever made one but you all would be hailing it as the Sports GOTY )

[quote user="ClosingRacer"]

God 2k is gone get over it... I was one of those people who bought the 2k series over madden until it stopped and Guess what i got over it and like madden now... Oh and guess what 2k had a game like 2 years ago and it sucked called All pro football or something. Lets just say they get rid of the Exclusive right for the nfl do you honestly think 2k would actually put a good game out... Giving that they have the exclusive rights of baseball and those games suck compared to the show there "NFL" game can just be as bad( I would bet that it would if they ever made one but you all would be hailing it as the Sports GOTY )

[/quote]Considering EA canceled their basketball game that was to compete with NBA 2K11 last year, yeah I'd say they'd make a football game twice as good as madden. Have you even played a NBA 2k game? And finally, have you played a EA NBA game? Please tell me which is better....

[quote user="lDarklPassenger"]

[quote user="ClosingRacer"]

[/quote]Considering EA canceled their basketball game that was to compete with NBA 2K11 last year, yeah I'd say they'd make a football game twice as good as madden. Have you even played a NBA 2k game? And finally, have you played a EA NBA game? Please tell me which is better....

[/quote]

The NBA 2K games are excellent but the MLB 2K games are garbage. Just because 2K makes great NBA games doesn't mean they will be able to make excellent NFL games. I loved NFL 2K5 and I want to see the exclusive deal end so we can have competition which will lead to better games but there is no guarantee that it will be excellent because of their NBA series or because they made a great game years ago.