How fast are Xbox live servers? (Download speed)

Hi guys.

Recently upgraded my internet to 100mbps and I get about 97mbps or 12MB/s.

My current setup is I have a modem downstairs connected to two wireless routers.  One is a router for the computers in the house (since the modem's wireless can't do the full 100mbps) and the other router is upstairs acting as a wireless bridge (that means the router itself is acting like a client, or wireless to ethernet adapter).

Now the thing is, the old router I am using as the wireless to ethernet adapter can transfer at best 22mbps/2.7MB/s and I'm wondering whether I should replace it with a new wireless N router so I can get my full 100mbps download upstairs on my Xbox.

The thing is the router I'll be using is £130 and I'd rather not pay that right now as it was only the other day I bought one, but more to the point, would I get any extra download speed or is 3MB/s about the best you are likely to get from the Xbox servers?

If anyone knows, or is connected by 50 or 100mbps wired can download a demo and post how long it took that would be great.  I'd be able to work out if you were getting above 22mbps download, and if you were then it's worth me updating my router.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Looking for the same answer.  Can only assume that downloads "might' be shorter, and game-play "probably" isn't effected.  I would love to find some specs on this but have turned up, nada.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.