How do you unlink a Microsoft account from Minecraft?

In the past, I had created a Microsoft account and linked it to my old Xbox. I had forgotten about this since I bought a PlayStation and when I tried linking my Microsoft account to my Playstation, it linked to my old Xbox. I then deleted the account and waited the alloted time for it to completely deactivate. I then created a new microsoft account with my current email and tried linking it to my Minecraft account, but it said that it was still connected to the old account. What should I do? 

Hi Myself,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you are trying to unlink a Microsoft account from PlayStation. Unfortunately, you would need to reach out to PlayStation as the setting is in the profile on the PlayStation also be aware that this can delete the information on the Microsoft account that is linked.

Please note that once a Microsoft account has been linked to a PlayStation™ Network account, it cannot be unlinked without loss of access to entitlements and Minecoins on other platforms. 

Also in the FAQ it states: Be certain you use the account details for the Microsoft account you want associated with your PlayStation™ Network account. This cannot be undone. You will not be able to link another Microsoft account to your PS4 account. 

Hope this helps.

Brad

Stay safe have fun. GAME HARD just not too hard :) ಠ益ಠ

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am trying to unlink an Xbox account that had been deleted and that is connected to my Minecraft account. Should I still reach out to Playstation? If so, what should I say? 

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 3, 2024 Views 12,876 Applies to: