how do you know if you were infected?

I have not played videogames on MP for a good 4 months. yesterday i went to play Cod4 and about 6 out of every 10 games i joined 3-6 players had the name in the left of the screen displaying colored lines of text. And some others i joined there were unlimited Noob tubes or RPGs. The colored text was in every game type i played. (Team tac, Ground war, sabatage, Team DM, Search etc) the nube tube thing was only in TDM. So today i tried Waw thinking it would be better.... i was wrong. Every single damn game i entered there was the obnoxious text taking up half the F***in screen.

After doing some research i found out that this is "Normal" for these games.

What i am concerned about is do i have infections? I was looking were the colored text was and i did not see my name advertising  someones website or youtube channel in the colored text so i assume no. I just want to know if that is all i would need to see to verify i am clean.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Waw, MW2 and MW are all modded and unfortunately until the developers fix these problems they will remain broken. As they have not done anything about it yet I think it would be safe to presume that either they have no intention of acting as the games are too far gone.

Issues playing CoD.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Will you get punished simply by playing match making?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not from just playing the game in normal lobbies, but if you stay in a modded lobby and choose to play play its entirely possible. So the best thing would be to leave them in the method explained in the link as soon as you see something is wrong.

A lot of these lobbies will drop your MP stats into minus figures also, when that happens the online aspect of the game is all but useless. But dashboarding and powering down your console directly from the lobby will prevent that happening.
Its just a little irritating having to do that everytime you get dropped into one of these lobbies but unfortunately its the only way to be sure.

Sorry this didn't help.

So until someone gets there @@@ in gear i have to bust my balls every time i join a modded lobby which is almost every game.

Ok so this is technically what microsoft is doing... You are at a party with friends. One stranger is drinking somewhere in the house alone (hacker). Now  the group of friends must leave the party so they are not accused of drinking (Modding)

The accuser microsoft

Not only just leave the game but you have to turn off the whole console and turn it back on every time there is a *** *** the game up?

Now that does not make much sense to me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Its either that or risk losing your stats or getting banned for playing in modded lobbies. Its why I stopped playing all 3 of these games a long time ago, I gave up any hope of seeing them patched and even though it was money down the drain I was glad to see the back of them.

Lets be clear where the fault lies here though, it is with the developers of these games.
All MS can do is ban cheaters and they ban a great deal of them everyday, but they can not patch games that were made by other developers. It is not their responsibility to do that.

To be honest I would like to see MS remove MP access on LIVE for all 3 of these games until the developers fix them, and if they do not fix them people should be mailing their copies to Activision demanding a refund.
Never going to happen though!.

Sorry this didn't help.

If they were smart they would make game modes that imitate hacked lobbies  

Sorry this didn't help.