How do you Horde?

I am curious as to how most people like their horde experience.  I played public horde a grand total of 1 time and it lasted 7 rounds because everyone did their own thing, no mics and I died saving some d-bag who ran away as I got downed and he had plenty of time to save me.  Also I prefer to use mutators and have full control over map selection. I also rarely have enough time to sit and finish a full 50 round match so I stick to private matches.  I was called 'sad' in the forums for saying that I use of mutators.  So it got me curious to how other people play horde who are not on my friends list.

Do you prefer to play with mutators on or off? I don't care about XP on Horde, I rely on 'Versus' to rank up. So I almost always play horde with Instagib, Infinite Ammo and Super-Reload mutators.  Yes it makes horde much easier but by no means removes the challenge after wave 30 mutators or no, it is still hard.  I just like messing around and ripping through waves with my super-reload lancer, and it is fun  running around meleeing 4 Bezerkers in a row like they are nothing.  Share you opinion I am interested to hear other peoples views.  Public versus Private matches? Mutators on or off? And if on which ones?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i play both (more public than private just that its easier to get a game) if i do play private it tends to be set at hardcore or insane and i use mutators 2 but we mix them up with friendly fire/ no ammo pickups with infinte ammo/ superreload. i do tend to find playing public ur lucky to get to wave 30 b4 ur down to 2 or 3 players and very few use mics so hard to tell what people r doing.

You were called sad for saying that playing with a bunch of mutators is the most fun way to play horde, I stand by that.

I play public matches because I like the pure, random, challenge of public matches. The mutators just make it too easy and then it gets boring.

Private all the way.

Great you stand by your statement, but it is not something that you should care about. I think Epic has added all these extra to give the best possible experience to its player, no matter what experience they are looking for.  Why should you care how someone else plays, it has zero effect on you especially in Horde.  Some crave a challenge, Insane with only hard mutators, or Casual with all the mutators to make the challenge non-existent, or Purists with randoms and not changes at all.  Let people play how they want.

Don't worry about UnyoBro,  He just trolling.

I'm not stopping people from playing the way they want I'm just expressing my opinion about it, not a big deal. Oh and don't mind the silver troll I must've struck a nerve with him in the sentry topic.

[quote user="UnyoBro"]I'm not stopping people from playing the way they want I'm just expressing my opinion about it, not a big deal. Oh and don't mind the silver troll I must've struck a nerve with him in the sentry topic.[/quote]

Not really,  Sounds to me if people don't play the way you expect them to, you get your panties in a bunch.

Hoard 2.0 plays totaly different from gears 2................i'm not complaining but it will be more fun when everyone has upgraded their fortafications to their max level.................too many people trying to pump money into one thing instead of working as a team.

i like both but on public i dont steal kills, i build my share of fortifications, i dont save all my money for the silverback then take all the kills, i will help downed team mates if its safe to do so, i dont leave early cause i didnt get the map i wanted

Private. We set high scores.