How do you get a "Specialization" in Spartan Ops?

How do you get a "Specilaization" in Spartan Ops?  Thank you very much in advance for your assistance regarding this matter, I really appreciate them!  :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Specializations are earned once you get your Spartan Rank to 50.  After that you can choose from one of the 8 specializations.  You can accrue xp points by playing Spartan Ops to work towards ranking up.

As I have stated before, I prefer "female" Spartans and I love my Spartan in Halo Reach way more than I do in Halo 4  :)  I already have my perfect Armor set-up and I don't think that I will be changing my ability set-up anytime soon.  I use x2 ammo for starter weapons, unlimited Sprint, and the Thruster Pack (not Jet Pack).  I need to check out the "specializations" and see which option is more condusive to my playstyle with my trusty BR (with 216 rounds of ammo not already loaded in the gun) and the Magnum (with 48 rounds of ammo not already loaded in the gun), I like to snipe  :)  I only play Spartan Ops.

You don't have to wear the armor from each Spec.  But you might want the Pioneer spec as it will give you a 20% xp boost and I only applied that to Spartan Ops.  I can only think of one other spec that will help in Ops which is Rogue as it steadies your aim while being shot at.

So, I can get the perk without changing my appearance, sweet!  :)  Thank you very much for your assistance regarding this matter.  The "Rogue" sounds like it is going to fit me perfectly.  Still going to check out the others though  :)

There are a few that will be useless to you in Spartan Ops: Engineer, Stalker, Tracker and Wetwork all have perks that are either unusable, or of no benefit in Spartan Ops. So, really that just leaves you with Operator, Pathfinder, Pioneer and Rogue.

-

Pioneer only gives you an XP bonus, so it's of no value in combat. Since it only gives you an ~20% increase in XP, but still takes as long to unlock as any other specialization, you would actually obtain the other usable perks faster if you bypassed Pioneer.  

-

That leaves Operator, Pathfinder and Rogue. Operator is only useful on levels with vehicles and its benefits as far as vehicle durability are somewhat ambiguous, so you may want to save that one for last. Rogue's Stability Mod will help you in pretty much every Spartan Op, but it takes away your ammo package. Pathfinder's Gunner Mod can be extremely useful as even on missions without vehicles there are often turrets scattered around. I would probably recommend that first, then Rogue, then Operator.

-

But hey, what do I know?

you don't know jack, jax ....get it HAHAHA .....anyway what Jax says is true as a gunner(achieved thru pathfinder) you can round around at full speed with the turrets,plasma canon in hand however if you try to use camo you can't ....the turret will just be tossed out of your hands

Invis with detached turret, that is too funny, bro. Only you would think to try something like that, haha.

Is it mandatory that I choose a specialization once I hit level 50?  The reason that I'm asking this question is because I don't want to change my set-up of "x2 ammo on starting weapons, Infinite Sprint, and Thruster Pack".  This is my prefered loadout.  Are there any Specializations that act as a passive skill(a skill that is always on when selected that doesn't interfere with the functions of other skills.  For example, I get to keep my x2 ammo on starting weapons, Infinite Sprint, and Thruster Pack while gaining the passive "insert skill name here" ability) rather than forcing me to swap out something from my set-up?  Honestly, if selecting a Specialization is going to force me to sacrifice one of my desired abilities, I would rather not have any Specializations at all  :)  Thank you everyone for your assistance regarding this matter, I really appreciate them  :)

You can select any specialization you like. You're not forced to use any abilities or packages.

Thank you  :)