How do you find the Kinect voice commands?

So I recently bought a Kinect, mostly I confess because of my expanding waist line and the ability to be 'trained' while watching TV.

Of course I tried the device with Mass Effect 3 for the voice commands and to be honest my opinion is a little mixed.

I do like how the game responds to commands for Ashley when you say either 'Ashley' or 'Ash'. That is a well thought out little touch.

Also it is good that commands can be given when live or with the wheels pulled up.

However when trying to command them to move I often had to try several different tones before the game would understand me. A pain since it was quite responsive on the other commands.

Anyone else try Mass Effect 3 with the Kinect? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

---

Hello "voteDC"  :)

---

I have a friend who used the voice command system before and he found it to be more or less 50% responsive.  The issue of the Kinect not understanding your commands is more of a hardware problem of the Kinect 1.0 because the Kinect 2.0 is confirmed to be more accurate in understanding voice commands.  As for your search for ME3 voice commands, I wish you the best of luck in acquiring that information  :)

---

Have a nice day or afternoon or night  :)

[quote user="voteDC"]

However when trying to command them to move I often had to try several different tones before the game would understand me. A pain since it was quite responsive on the other commands.

[/quote]

I remember reading about others from the U.K. having similar problems with the Kinect Voice Commands, the consensus was that Microsoft hadn't done their homework with the many variations of the English Accent the first time around when engineering the Kinect.  Many don't realize that in just London alone there are atleast 2 dozen different "English Accents" depending on which part of the city you've grown up in.  Try saying the Commands that you're having trouble with in "Liverpudlian" and it may just register, worth a shot anyway, New Yorkers had trouble with some Voice Commands as well and modified their accents slightly to solve the problem...:-)

Never had any problems with the system recognizing my voice/tone; though the sensitivity caused a bit of irritation at times.  On occasion if I were eavesdropping and highlighted the character speaking, my kinect would interpret the dialogue as me speaking and prompt the character, interrupting whatever conversation he/she was having.

On the upside; taking a team of shotgunners out and using the  'Boomstick' command always makes me laugh.