How do you execute someone with heavy weapons?

I am trying to get the achievement for getting all the executions from all weapons. Only ones I am having trouble with are the heavy weapons like the one shot, mulcher, and mortar. I go up to a downed opponent with weapon in hand and attempt to execute them but I always drop the weapon and it doesnt count. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I was wondering the same thing as well. I think you have to unlock the executions. Go to 'Stats & Awards', tab over to 'Challenges', and click on 'Executions'. It should show you how many kills until you unlock the execution for each weapon. Someone step in if that's wrong, but that's how I believe it works.

I didnt know you could do executions with those? I would like to know the answer to this question as well

So4pySpl4sh has it right. In order to get the executions with the Pick up weapons you have to get a certain amount of kills with them. I'm pretty sure it's ten kills with each one to unlock the executions.

It's 40 kills to unlock executions with the heavy weapons: Boomshot, Digger, Mortar, One Shot, and Torque. Not sure if Mulcher is 40 or not. The starts and awards tab is your best friend for tracking progress.

Are the execution unlocks for Multi-player only, because I was able to do the execution for the one-shot in campaign, and there is no way I had 40+ kills with it.

Awesome!! Thanks for the info!!

[quote user="monosocratic"]

It's 40 kills to unlock executions with the heavy weapons: Boomshot, Digger, Mortar, One Shot, and Torque. Not sure if Mulcher is 40 or not. The starts and awards tab is your best friend for tracking progress.

[/quote]

Dont forget the Butchers Hatchet thing.