How do you change the AI difficulty ?

Can't find it anywhere , all the other difficulty settings are there but I cant see the option to put the AI on hard

Anyone know ?   thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated October 9, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think the difficulty is adaptive in career mode.  I've only seen an option for changing it in quick race mode.

Ah , I see.  Well I hope it hurries up "adapting" as it's far too easy at the minute :(  

The drones are get pretty mean and aggressive around level 15 it seems.  I have won 100% of my races so far but the drones have forced me to restart a few times.  They'll catch up to you on the final lap and hook you off the road sometimes.  I don't mind playing bot soccer but it can ruin good lap times.

This explains the new system ( and why I'm running into the AI in corners) ............the following is from the devs

In Forza 4, there are three big changes to the difficulty system:

1. We no longer remove power from the AI to make them slower on the lower difficulty levels. Instead, we gave the lower level AI less confidence going into corners. This makes them brake sooner and carry less speed through the corners. However, once they are at the apex and heading onto the straights, they are flat-out regardless of difficulty level. This has led to far more wheel-to-wheel racing. The key to beating the lower level AI is to take advantage of them in the braking zones and then block/frustrate them down the straights. On the flip side, this does mean the AI on lower difficulty settings brakes very early – so, watch yourself when you’re waiting to pop out of the slipstream.
  2. We have several more levels of AI difficulty on the back end driving the system. In Forza 3, we had a total of three levels. Some players felt that the gulf between medium and hard was too great. In Forza 4, we have more than 20 different levels--though these are not discretely selectable by the player. In Quick Race, Event List and Multiplayer, you can choose between four different AI settings. The new player selectable difficulty level basically slots in between what would have been considered medium and hard in Forza 3.
  3. The biggest win in having more than 20 different AI difficulty levels is gaining dynamic AI difficulty in the World Tour. In World Tour, the player’s car is limited to specific classes in all events and the AI cars are upgraded (using Quick Upgrade) to the top of the events class limits. This levels the playing field and allows the game to better judge your skill. The game then automatically selects and reselects the correct AI difficulty for you based on your performance over multiple races. It’s like a rolling average across multiple events. All three of these changes together give you incredibly competitive racing. 

Thanks for the replies fellas

Nice find.  Thanks for posting that Randver.

I don't know about competitive....

I beat lapped the Ferraris in the Ferrari challenge by using a bone stock F40 (S614), which is at the very bottom of S class....

Yes, It looks like since Forza Motorsport the hardest difficulty of career mode wad adapted to well fit a first timer (now hard should be called easy). In my opinion this is a political decision to move people online for a real challenge.

[quote user="MaritalPower79"]

Yes, It looks like since Forza Motorsport the hardest difficulty of career mode wad adapted to well fit a first timer (now hard should be called easy). In my opinion this is a political decision to move people online for a real challenge.

[/quote]

are you saying the career mode is to easy?

if thats the case why haven`t you even finished year two yet?

-

the game gets harder as you go on,and becomes much harder if you turn off all the aids.

You mean the game gets harder when you race in higher categories? It is indeed true, but never a real challenge after some practice. Anyway I like to race with smaller cars, up to A class max and that is never a challenge in career mode.

Year two, what do you mean? I did not even try all the races of forza 3 because I got bored after a while. Now I just bought the 4th and it is really frustrating to lap the opponents at the beginning of the season.

I still believe forza motorsport was more fun because it was really hard and yes, I do play with no assist, does not help.