How do you build up your stealth bar and what's the benefit?

Is this done by simply crouch walking or do you have to kill peeps while crouched or what?  And what are the benefits of increasing your stealth ability?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

All I can tell is that the AI hears you less with higher stealth, Idk the best way to max it on single player but I do know on the Online you can sit in your apartment and go in crouch and walk around in a circle for a good 40 mins or so and it will max.

I just crouch walked around a block. Same with the stamina, sprinting around a block. Even maxed out lung capacity to have all stats maxed. Took about 30-45 minutes of constantly diving in the ocean.

Online: I went to "Mayweather's Area" and used it at night.  I moved up a bar ( 20 points, I think) pretty quick but got an invite.  I used "B"( I think it was B) to hit / stealth attack, not sure if that helped or not but very fun.  Also, it didn't trigger any stars so that was a plus.  Hope that helps some.  Be good and game on.

K thanks guys.

Stealth kills should bump it up more, just like landing jumps in cars for driving, or having good take offs and landings in planes for flying.

Just on a mission and that should be "MerryWeather"  but I think you got what I was trying to type :)

Quickest way to level up stealth: Start a mission and go to the beach area near the mask store (Disregard the mission). Walk around in stealth mode and stealth kill the pedestrians. What it's used for is deathmatches so you don't show up on the minimap and will be helpful in heists.

I maxed out my stealth incredibly fast just by going into stealth whenever I get in a gunfight. As far as how useful it is, it seems completely pointless to me. Unless it like hides your blip in deathmatches or something, but otherwise the NPC's see you regardless.

Yeah.  I have stealth maxed and suppressors on a few of my weapons.  One shot on NPC's and they all are shooting directly at me.

[quote user="NewFoundRemedy"]What it's used for is deathmatches so you don't show up on the minimap and will be helpful in heists.[/quote]

Ok, that's huge.  I was wondering why everyone at launch always showed up on the minimap but not so much anymore.  That's all the motivation I need.