How do Original Xbox games get chosen to become backwards compatible?

I found one of my favorite original xbox games, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast, the other day.  Sadly it is not on the list of compatible games, although Jedi Academy is.  What I am getting at is, is there any chance of this game being added to the list?  I was very surprised by some of the games on the list, Jedi Outcast was very well received, and has very high ratings, 8/10-9/10s, and is not on the list, while one of the worst xbox games ever Drake, 2.7/10 is.  Sometimes I just don't understand you Microsoft/Xbox.  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

It's a software emulator which as anyone whose used one before will tell you can be quite tempremental as to what games it'll allow to work. If it's not on the list most likely they couldn't get it to work with the emulator rather than not putting on there because they thought crap game x would be better received. They stopped updating it years ago so you've no chance of Jedi Outcast getting on the list at this stage.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If it is a game you really want to play again and its an option for you the only choice would be to buy an original xbox to play it on. The good thing is they are extremely cheap to purchase now.
Because as Vern says unfortunately no more games will be added to the BC list.

Slightly off topic:
It would be nice to see a similar Star Wars game come to the 360 instead of Kinect titles. I have nothing against Kinect as such but something seems to have gone wrong at LucasArts as good Star Wars titles on the 360 have been severely lacking. Why we have not seen 360 versions of KOTOR, BF, RC, , JK OWK, X wing etc etc etc makes no sense.
And the Kinect game just looks like an on rails waveathon with rudimentary graphics.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks guys, I assumed that was the case, and I agree completely with you GreyPilgrim, regarding the whole kinect, and LucasArts topic.  BF, KOTOR, and Jedi Outcast have always been some of my favorites, and now Star Wars games just seem gimmicky.

Sorry this didn't help.