How Do Mid-Night Launchs Work?

So my friend recently alearted me that the Gamestop near me/us is going to have a Mid Night launch for some game stupid game I've never heard of on Novemeber first.

Sadly the Mid Night launch isn't for Sonic Generations (which ALSO comes out Nov. 1).

Anyone know if I can go at Mid Night and get a DIFFERENT game then what they're open for? Like instead of me going to gamestop at 12:00 and getting some PS3 game that everyone else is getting, Can I can go in at 12:00 and get Sonic Generations for Xbox 360 instead?

Has anyone tried something like this before? :/ 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Call and ask. I wouldn't see why not.

Yes, you can go to the midnight release for Uncharted 3 and whatever other game that releases on that date, you can get at that time.

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

Yes, you can go to the midnight release for Uncharted 3 and whatever other game that releases on that date, you can get at that time.

[/quote]Yay! Thanks. Totally going to the Mid Night Launch now.

You should still check with the store to make sure they will have the game available at that time. I wouldn't want you to show up and be dissapointed. Better to be safe than sorry and all that. :)

I would still call them to make sure. Stupider things have happened.

[quote user="SpeedyBlueDude"]

So my friend recently alearted me that the Gamestop near me/us is going to have a Mid Night launch for some game stupid game I've never heard of on Novemeber first.

Sadly the Mid Night launch isn't for Sonic Generations (which ALSO comes out Nov. 1).

Anyone know if I can go at Mid Night and get a DIFFERENT game then what they're open for? Like instead of me going to gamestop at 12:00 and getting some PS3 game that everyone else is getting, Can I can go in at 12:00 and get Sonic Generations for Xbox 360 instead?

Has anyone tried something like this before? :/ 

[/quote]

It makes sense that they would allow you to buy other products. They wouldn't be breaking the release date for the game so I see no reason why not, though you should call and check first.

It's true, there was one time I went in to Gamestop to pick up my pre-order at 10:00am on release day, and the game hadn't arrived yet. So I ended up standing around in the store for an hour waiting for the UPS truck to show up. If they have the game available at the time of the midnight launch, they will definitely sell it to you. I know that for a fact. Whether or not they will have it there on time is another matter.