HOW DO I INVEST IN STORES?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

You will need to level up your Speechcraft to 70

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Speech

Plus you have to spend perks in Speechcraft to get the ability to invest.  A waste in my opinion.  Just do the thieves guild extra jobs and restore the guild so you can unlock the fences.

I dont know.   You get a acheviemt for that(investing in one store)

[quote user="EdgyDragon6261"]

I dont know.   You get a acheviemt for that(investing in one store)

[/quote]

Which achievement?

I think you have the wrong game.

[quote user="SquareFantasy"]

Plus you have to spend perks in Speechcraft to get the ability to invest.  A waste in my opinion.  Just do the thieves guild extra jobs and restore the guild so you can unlock the fences.

[/quote]

What does that mean?  I'm playing as a Heavy Armored Battlemage, so haven't had much interest in the Thieves Guild. Does "unlocking the fences" give shops more $ to barter with?  Because I have like 70 iron daggers enchanted with "Banish", worth 700 a piece and can only sell about two per shop, per day.  I need to find a way to sell these things that won't take forever.  

The beauty about investing in a store is that you can do it as many times as you want.  In my game the lady outside the blacksmith shop in Whiterun had over 20k.  Very useful for selling those high value items.

[quote user="IxAMxSNIPERFROG"]

[quote user="SquareFantasy"]

[/quote]

What does that mean?  I'm playing as a Heavy Armored Battlemage, so haven't had much interest in the Thieves Guild. Does "unlocking the fences" give shops more $ to barter with?  Because I have like 70 iron daggers enchanted with "Banish", worth 700 a piece and can only sell about two per shop, per day.  I need to find a way to sell these things that won't take forever.  

[/quote]

What it means is that you will find "merchants" that have more coin to spend for your items, and they will buy ANYTHING!  Stolen goods too.  It is nice to go to one person to sell staffs, scrolls, potions, poisons, weapons, armor, jewely and jewels, instead of having to go to each merchant seperately.  Trust me, it is worth it.

Plus, after restoring the guild, you will unlock fences in some cities that have 4000 gold to barter with. Wait for 2 days and sell more stuff.

Sweet.  I'll have to look into that... right after I finish the Companions Guild quests.  Spent 40 hours or so of this game max leveling Smithing and Enchanting, plus did the Winterhold quest line and first part of the Greybeards to unlock full Unrelenting Force.  I'm already a the point where I'm pretty much untouchable.  Gonna see how crazy stupid powerful I can make my character now... lots of cash will speed that up...

you need to get your speech up to level 70 to invest in stores